╰┈➤ 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Y/N's eyes widened as the ceiling above her slowly caved in.

Am I really going to die now? She squeezed her eyes shut and covered her head with her hands, then suddenly a strong force pulled her outside of the collapse range, just seconds before the rubble crashed down.

A few moments passed before she acknowledged that she wasn't crushed under pounds of concrete, and she opened one eye and gasped.

Seok Matthew was on top of her, panting to catch his breath, and she realized in that moment he had pulled her aside and saved her life.

"Are... are you okay?" he asked between heavy breaths.

Before she could answer, the trainees started to spill out of their respective practice rooms to find out what the commotion was, and the sight of Y/N and Matthew on the floor next to a pile of rubble with dust covering both of them led to screams and shouts. Suddenly, Hanbin, Zhang Hao, Gunwook, and Ricky rushed over to where Y/N was.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" asked Zhang Hao.

"Somebody, call a doctor or an ambulance!" yelled Gunwook.

"Oh my god are you both alright?" Hanbin inquired in a shaky voice.

"Ah... my head hurts, take a step back," said Y/N, and they reluctantly obliged.

She sat up and dusted her pants, and looked over at Matthew who still looked exhausted.

"Did you get hurt anywhere?" she looked him over, and there were barely any marks on him and no permanent injuries.

"No, I'm fine... Y/N!" gasped Matthew.

"Huh...?" Suddenly, she saw blood drip onto her hand, and when she put her hand against her cheek, she felt a sharp stinging feeling where a piece of concrete had made a scrape against her face.

At that moment, the group of construction workers who were working above when the accident happened rushed downstairs and forced everyone out of the area, blocking off the hallway for the safety of the trainees.

"Ow..." Y/N looked down and saw a decent sized cut on her leg, and she struggled to stand upright. When she finally did, she stumbled and leaned against the wall, huffing.

"Do you need help Y/N?" asked Ricky frantically.

"Yes... I mean no... I mean ah-!"

Matthew suddenly lifted her up bridal style, and she felt her feet leave the ground.

"I'll be taking care of her, so all of you guys go back to practice," he said. And with one last look at the other trainees, Matthew carried Y/N to the nurse's office.

"Ow, that hurts!"

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

"No, I'm fine, and it's far from here. Plus it's not a big injury."

Y/N sat down on one of the cots, and Matthew disappeared into the nurse's office to ask for help. She stared out the window, and realized it was bright and sunny outside, with a slight breeze swaying the trees.

Seconds later, Matthew came back with gauze, bandaids, disinfectant, cotton balls, and tweezers.

"Where's the nurse?" Y/N said, confused.

"She's not here, I think it's her day off or something. I guess I'll have to treat you," he said with a sad smile.

"Are you sure you aren't hurt anywhere?" she asked.

"Yeah, I pulled you out so I wasn't hit by any rubble since I was standing further away. I guess you got the worst of it."

He dragged a seat over and started dipping the cotton balls in the disinfectant and using the tweezers to wipe the blood off and clean the wounds. She flinched a little at the sting, but got used to it after some time. The two sat in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry, I should have pulled you out earlier," Matthew whispered.

"No... I'm really thankful you saved my life. You could have gotten hurt too, but you jumped into the scene and rescued me. I'm really grateful," said Y/N, smiling.

"I was just making up for our first... encounter," he said, and both of them laughed, remembering how Matthew accidentally knocked her mask off while trying to return Y/N's phone which she accidentally dropped, resulting in the exposure of Y/N's face to all the trainees.

"But actually thank you so much though. I would probably be squashed under a pile of rocks if it wasn't for you," she said quietly.

"Alright alright, just pay me back by saving my life some other time," he said with a wink. "I need to put the bandaids here, it's probably going to hurt a little."

"Okay," said Y/N as Matthew started to put the bandaid on her cheek. She suddenly noticed he was staring at her, and his cheeks were flushed. Oh jeez, he's actually kinda cute, she said while tilting her head and watching him lean closer.

"Are you okay? Is it hot in here?" she asked, waving the air.

"No... not that..." he quickly put the bandaid on and pulled away. "You should get some rest, good night," he said, and left the room in a flash.

"What... was that?" she wondered, staring at the empty seat.

Right outside the doorway of the nurse's office, Matthew leaned on the wall and covered his burning cheeks, trying his hardest not to blush.

"Stop smiling Matthew, this isn't something to smile about!" he said while banging his head gently against the wall.

Y/N woke up to someone shaking her awake, and as she looked outside she realized that it was almost dusk; she had spent the entire afternoon sleeping on one of the cots in the nurse's room. She glanced up and saw Yeonjun shaking her awake.

"Ayo dummy! Are you alright?" He grabbed her by the cheeks and started examining her left and right, making her look like a fish.

"Aish you dumbo back off, I'm fine," she said, swatting his hands away. "What's the time now?"

"Like, 5:30. You didn't miss dinner yet," he said with a wink.

"I'm really not hungry," she said as she sat up and yawned, stretching her arms.

"You should go back to your room and change because you look absolutely horrendous right now," he said while pointing and laughing at her.

"Fine, fine, let's go back."

The staff bunks were in the same building as the trainee ones, but they were on a different floor with a lot more space since there weren't as many staff members. As she walked up the hallway to the elevator, she saw many trainees, some familiar, others she hadn't seen before, rush to the cafeteria to eat dinner. She smiled at them; although they were the same age or older than her, for some reason they looked really adorable running around with their friends.

"Wipe that look off your face, you look weird," said Yeonjun, and Y/N bopped him on the head with a fist as he complained loudly.

In the distance, Zhang Hao watched the two bicker and fight and his expression turned cold. He turned away and walked towards the cafeteria with the rest of the trainees.

𓆩⟡𓆪

⌦ .。.:*♡ 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍