2 for 1 tuition (Holt Hyde/Jackson Jekyll)

I grimace with a bit of embarrassment as I squeeze past a zombie and a cyclops to access my seat in the lab-like room. I took a seat at the lab table that sat two after double checking the board with the seating chart. I hoped who ever JJ/HH was tolerated my clearly normie appearance. I didn't feel like a creepy cool ghoul but I knew I wasn't meant to be in the human world with what I was. He professor walked in and the sound of his cane had monsters clambering to their assigned seats. A normie looking man took his seat on the left of me and shyly raised an eyebrow at my appearance. I looked down at my outfit and was confused. I was wearing an oversized sweater with the devil horn hand gesture on it and a pair of soft flared bell-bottom jeans. I look back at him and shrug giving a soft smile before paying attention to the professor, a dwarf man with a tail. "Welcome, younglings, to The Art of Connection 101. This entire semester you will be partnered with the person at your assigned lab table." I nod more to myself than anything and began highlighting part on the syllabus that the professor noted as important. After going over the finer details of the class expectations, we were given time to get to know our partner and finish a simple worksheet.

"So...names huh?" The man chuckled awkwardly, scratching his head. "Uh, Yeah. Y/N...Y/N L/N. Yours?" I write down my own name before looking up at him. "Uh...Jackson Jekyll..." I give an awkward smile, "if you're the JJ, who's the HH?" I watch him swallow nervously, "Gosh, I literally was born like this you'd think it would get easier to explain....HH is Holt Hyde." I look around carefully as I joke, "Will they be joining us? Seems like everyone is in pairs. We're the only throuple." Jackson's face turns extremely red, "Technically, though you'll never see us at the same time. My monster half...is Holt Hyde. Sorry... I'm Holt...it took all of high school for me to realize that I am a monster no matter the form. Sometimes it still slips."  I smile adjusting my glasses before writing both Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde. He smiles and stops my hand before I wrote 'Hide', "With a y not an I." I nod shyly as I write the proper spelling down. "Oh Jekyll and Hyde? Are you related?" "Our Grandfathers. Our father didn't inherit it but we did. Uh, Mom is an elemental. She a little hotheaded but means well." "Sounds like a wonderful family." I responded honestly, I just didn't wanna talk about my own.

I looked over the five questions we were to answer then back at him, "How do we get Holt's answers?" Jackson pulled out a scarepod case, "I'll bring him out after we've done ours." Jackson and I take our time filling out the form, getting better acquainted with each other. He's very sweet and very studious much like myself. We share an affinity for the fast food restaurant, Cruel Gruel, and some similar gaming interests.

Soon it was time for me to meet Holt and I could tell being in the lab made it embarrassing for him. "Hold on a minute, okay?" I touch his shoulder gently and I internally gasp at how hot his body heat was. "Sure thing." I quickly make my way to professor and explain the situation. The sweet man gives me the go ahead and I drag Jackson out of the lab and into one of the side study rooms.

"Sorry, I didn't want you uncomfortable when you ...ya know." He smiles down at me, nodding, "that's very sweet of you. Thank you."  He takes a few steps back and I watch with rapt attention as he puts in his scarepods and turns on some music. The transformation is astounding to me and I can't help but to gasp. In my awe and amazement, my forked tongue flickers out in excitement. Finally before me stands a slightly taller, blue skinned fire elemental man. His hair is flamed, licking at the oxygen but styled carefully in a way that suits him. I bite my lip trying not to reach out to the heat. Holt just smirks as he studied my figure.

"That's wicked cool. Do... I call you Holt now?" The blue man looks taken aback for a moment before tilting his head, "Yeah Hyde, Holt Hyde's the name. And my my my aren't you just a pretty little flame. I like your tail." He leaned against a table giving me a bit of space as I look down. Sure enough, my arrowed devil's tail is swinging casually back and forth. The reveal of my features mixed with Holt's obvious and very flattering flirting has my face turning red. Literally. My human form skintone begins to give out and I shy away pulling my control back. I feel the shift back to my normie form and I look at the floor.

"So...Holt, we have to finish this worksheet. Jackson has already done his part." Holt rolls his eyes at the mention of his other half. We get through most of the questions but as I look up at him to get more information, he is literally on my shoulder.
"Uhh Holt."
"Yes, Hot Stuff?"
"You're really—"
"Warm?"
"Close."
"Yeah, kinda need to be."
"Why?"
"To do what Jackson can't. It's kind of our thing."
I feel my face heating up, "Holt, could you—"
"Y/N, Do you like Jackson?" I stuttered and stammered attempting to deny it.
"Gotcha, do you like me?"
"Holt...we have—" He cut me off quickly with a shake of his head. He dipped closer pausing to make sure I was okay with this. I nodded and he pressed a soft kiss to my lips, "Go on a date with us, Both of us. It's...hard...for us both to like someone in this way. And if you aren't interested... We'll pretend this didn't happen and just be...friends." I stared directly at him, studying the blue tint of his face, the odd yet fitting markings, and I had my answer when our eyes met.

"You're paying."  He smirked softly as he kissed me once more, "Jackson's paying technically, flame." A bit of silence enveloped us as we sat there. Holt looked at me suddenly, "Am I not hot to you? Like... temperature wise? While I'm holding you?" I smile shyly and touch his cheek gently, "Of course you are, I like it. Difficult to burn a devil." I giggle before looking at the times. "Time to head back, you staying Holt or is Jackson escorting me to my next class?"

"Jackson, shut up. You'll have your turn later. Yes I know...bro, please," Holt looks at me from the side shyly. "She doesn't think I'm crazy for talking to you, idiot. She knows it's you...Thank you."

Holt stood up straight and held out his arm for me. "To your next class, my lady flame." I took his arm suspiciously, "What did you trade to get more time with me?" Holt looked sheepish for a moment, a red tint making his cheeks purple, "He gets the first half of the date. So, can't be dinner and a movie unless it's in private. Ya know with the whole music thing." I nod softly, "We could all go see a musical, that way both you and Jackson can be there." I smile as Holt's face lights up, "Jackson agrees, it's a date. I only like the music parts anyways."  I turn in the worksheet and thank the professor before heading out the lab with my new found (boy?) friends. University of Monstrosity held so many new experiences for me but this was the best one yet.