Chapter 13: The First Test

Franklin can be seen walking up a flight of stairs as he approaches the temple doors, a determined look plastered on his face as he is ready to face down whatever Ra's Al Ghul has planned for him inside. As he reaches the door, he opens it cautiously to avoid any potential traps. But surprisingly to Franklin, he found nothing as the inside looked completely but after the incident at the warehouse, he has learned not to trust things at face value. As he slowly walks inside, he looks around, looking for potential points where he could be ambushed. He then suddenly steps on a platform that sinks into the ground under the weight of of foot. Franklin look down to see the platform but when looks back up, he sees a red hologram of Ra's Al Ghul who looks to be ready to greet him.

"Welcome, Franklin Blaze... To the temple of the League of Assassins." Ra's Al Ghul Greets.

"Ra's." Franklin replies coldly.

"Now... Ahead of you will be a series of challenges that you must complete. Succeed, and you will continue forward. Fail, and you will be merely another casualty to the league's cause. Once you finish the challenges, that is when you reach the final challenge, but that will have to wait. For now, let us... begin." Ra's Al Ghul explains before his hologram dissipates.

As soon as the hologram fully disappears, a sound catches Franklin's attention. He turns to see that on his right, a hidden door has opened to reveal a hallway lit with torches. Franklin looks down at the hallway as he readies not himself, but his chain for the challenges ahead of him.

"Very well Ra's. You want to play? Lets play your game, and you won't like how it ends." Franklin says.

Franklin then starts walking down the hallway, but unknown to him, the door shuts behind him, signifying that this will a one way journey.

Meanwhile in a room much deeper within the temple, Talia, the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul can be seen looking through some monitors, looking at the live security footage surveying all the cameras placed all throughout the temple. Talia then smirks as he sees Franklin moving forward within the temple.

"Franklin has begun the journey, Father." Talia Al Ghul informs.

She turns to see her father, Ra's Al Ghul looking towards her direction.

"Excellent, soon he will see our way and join us as the new leader of the league of assassins." Ra's Al Ghul says.

"You know what must be done for that to happen, right father?" Talia Al Ghul asks.

Ra's Al Ghul then looks down to his daughter and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Indeed my daughter. And I trust that you will aid him down the right path." Ra's Al Ghul says.

"Yes father." Talia Al Ghul replies.

Ra's Al Ghul then takes his hand off Talia's shoulder and begins to walk towards a window leading to some kind of chamber.

"Even if he still doesn't see our ways at the end, we still have some leverage over him." Ra's Al Ghul says.

The chamber then lights up to reveal a beaten and battered Batgirl tied and gagged to a table in the middle of the chamber. Ra's Al Ghul looks at the injured hero and smirks.

"Franklin will either join the league or watch as she suffers the same fate of those who follow Batman's cause." Ra's Al Ghul says before beginning to chuckle evilly.

Meanwhile with Franklin, he reaches the end of the hallway and finds himself in some kind of shrine room with statues everywhere. At the far end of the room is a statue of Ra's Al Ghul made of what looks to be some kind of marble with gold plating for the armor. As he stands in front of the statue, he senses a presence behind him. Acting quickly, he turns and holds his arm up to block an incoming sword strike, thanks to a pair of gauntlets he was wearing, courtesy of Batman. Franklin then swipes the sword away and kicks the attacker back, who quickly lands on their feet. Franklin then notices that it was one of the league ninjas that attacked him. As soon as he realizes this, several more ninjas appear with their swords drawn, ready for a battle. Franklin stands ready for a fight.

"Now with the introductions out of the way, let us see what we have here." Franklin says.

The ninjas then charge. One comes in with an overhead strike with their sword but Franklin sidesteps to the left, the blade missing him and hitting the floor where he once stood. The ninja then stands and swings his sword towards Franklin who leans his head back to let the swords fly past. He then counters with a foot swipe and a quick spin kick, knocking the ninja down who drops their sword that lands in front of Franklin's feet. He quickly notices two more ninjas charging with their swords high up above them, ready to strike him down. Thinking quickly, he picks up the discarded sword and blocks the strikes from the ninjas. The three then begin to engage in a swordfight, the two ninjas forcing Franklin back. As he tries to avoid being struck by the blades, Franklin notices another ninja quickly rushing from behind him with some of kind of club like weapon with sharp spikes jolting out of several places. Franklin knows that he can't defend against that with just a sword so he comes up with a plan. The ninja with the club comes in and swings the club to try and bash Franklin's skull while the ninjas with the swords swing their blades in a downward motion, but Franklin ducks down, letting the club collide with the swords, shattering them. Franklin then takes the two ninjas carrying the broken swords and smashes their heads together, knocking them unconscious. He then turns towards the clubbed ninja, grabs the side of their head and punches the ninja three times square in the face, knocking them out and leaving behind a broken nose. Suddenly, Franklin hears footsteps rushing towards him. He then turns around, grabs his chain and swings it at the three remaining ninjas, sending them flying backwards and hitting the wall behind them.

Franklin satisfied with completing the first challenge, wrap the chain back around his chest. No sooner does he do this, he hears a click. Looking back towards the giant Ra's Al Ghul statue, he notices the floor in front of it open up to reveal a hidden staircase going down, to where Franklin assumes to be his next challenge.

"One down, and unknown amount to go. I just hope Bruce and the others are doing well with Scarecrow in Gotham." Franklin says before descending down the stairs, ready to face whatever Ra's Al Ghul has planned next for him to encounter. Unknownily to him however is that he'll be at this until dawn so this will also test his endurance and Stamina along with his skills.