Chapter 6: Jailbreak

Minutes after Franklin Blaze has been arrested, he is placed in an interrogation room and is being interrogated by Commissioner Gordon and another investigator.

"Alright, let's go over this again." Commissioner Gordon says.

He then sets down a series of photographs containing pictures of the trainyard victim's corpse, along with the victims at the bar. Gordon then points to the picture of the trainyard victim.

"What about him? You remember him? This guy was three years from retirement. Never harmed a fly in his life. In fact, neither did most of the other corpses turning up since you came home you son of a b****." Commissioner Gordon explains as Franklin shakes his head during the whole thing.

"I didn't kill anyone." Franklin simply says.

"Bulls***!" Commissioner Gordon yells.

The other investigator then steps forward.

"Okay, let's take a breather." The investigator suggests.

Commissioner Gordon calms down and steps to the corner of the room to observe, which is the corner on the left side of Franklin. The investigator then notices a sudden change in the temperature of the room.

"Whoo, it's warm in here." The investigator says.

"Warm?" Franklin asks.

"I'm burning up. Aren't you?" The investigator asks.

"No." Franklin replies.

The investigator then pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

"You want a cigarette?" The investigator offers.

"I don't smoke. In fact, I haven't smoked a day in my life." Franklin says.

"Okay. Mind if I do?" The investigator asks.

Franklin stays silent as the investigator places the cigarette in his mouth and pulls out a lighter from his pocket. He then ignites the lighter and the flames appear to be getting pulled towards Franklin. The investigator then violently shakes his hand, feeling the flames for a split second and drops the lighter. He then pulls the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Ok, that was weird." Franklin comments.

Commissioner Gordon appears to be annoyed at the lack of progress in the interrogation. The investigator sighs and continues.

"Look Franklin, I'm not asking for your help. I'm asking you to help yourself." The investigator explains.

"When I was a kid, I watched a lot of TV and I know exactly what you're doing. Good cop. Bad cop. But you're both good cops. And uh, you both provide a very very important civil service. In fact, when I finally decide to get up and do something with my life I intend to apply my knowledge and skills of riding a motorcycle to being a motorcycle policeman. Uh, so I'd love to help you. But I didn't kill anyone, nor do I have any reason to want to inflict harm on another person." Franklin explains.

"Oh my god." Commissioner Gordon sighs in annoyance while the investigator just laughs from Franklin's words.

Later, Franklin is being dragged down a hallway of jail cells by another policeman. As they both go by the cells, the criminals inside seem pleased that another person has joined the prison.

"You gotta let me go. The real killer's out there." Franklin pleads.

He then shakes his head as he feels the spirit of vengeance trying to come out.

"But you're making a mistake." Franklin pleads.

He then tries to break free of the cop's grip but that only results in a tighter grip and being pushed forward faster.