Chapter 10: The Battle of San Venganza

San Venganza, once a town full of life and prosperity, now it is abandoned and in shambles with walls crumbling from various buildings, many of them also having either broken roofs or no roofs at all. In the center of San Vanganza near the church, Blackheart and Wallow await Franklin's arrival with the contract, albeit impatiently while also keeping an eye on their captors, them being Batgirl and Batwoman. Blackheart then approaches the two who are on the ground, having been beaten by the two demons.

"My patience is wearing thin. Where is he?" Blackheart asks.

"He'll be here and when he gets here, he will destroy you." Batwoman says.

Blackheart responds with a kick to Batwoman's side, causing her to roll onto her back. Suddenly, the sound of a motorcycle can be heard. Blackheart then looks up.

"He's here." Blackheart says.

He then turns towards Wallow.

"Wallow, slow him down." Blackheart orders.

Wallow looks at Blackheart in confusion.

"What?" Wallow asks.

"You heard me. Slow... Him... Down." Blackheart orders.

Wallow then reluctantly obliges and wanders off to confront Franklin.

As for Franklin, he finds himself riding into a marsh that stands between him and the town. Seeing no other option, he slowly rides his motorcycle through the marsh. A minute goes by before he stops his motorcycle, hearing strange sounds off in the distance. He looks around but finds nothing so he proceeds to continue moving forward. Just then, Wallow erupts out of the water and tackles Franklin into a deeper part of the marsh. Wallow then grabs Franklin by the neck and tries to drown him. Franklin struggles but he is unable to loosen Wallow's grip on his neck. Franklin then ceases his struggles and appears to have drowned. Wallow then screams in Franklin's face as his own face becomes more demon-like when Franklin suddenly opens his eyes, both being orange and in flames.

"Surprise!" Franklin says in Ghost Rider's voice.

Wallow's face returns to human form and he looks in shock as Franklin transforms into the Ghost Rider. The sudden brightness of the flames causes Wallow to go blind for a second. Ghost Rider then grabs Wallow by the arms and ignites Wallow with his Hellfire. Wallow then screams in agony as he then evaporates and is absorbed within the water. Ghost Rider then swims back up towards the surface and climbs back onto the motorcycle and transforms back into Franklin.

"I hate water." Franklin says before continuing to ride down towards San Vanganza.

Minutes later, Franklin can be seen riding through the town of San Vanganza. Looking around, he could hear what would be described as whispers of the dead, the sounds coming from what remained of the buildings that still stand. While it creeped him out, it didn't persuade him to leave, instead he continued forward, ready to finish his task.

Finally reaching the center of town, Franklin stops and parks his motorcycle and finds Blackheart waiting for him, with Batgirl and Batwoman held captive. Franklin then reaches for his chain but then Blackheart holds his hand up and Franklin ceases his movement.

"Stop! You change... They Die." Blackheart warns.

Franklin then lets go of his chain and instead reaches into his jacket and pulls out the contract, Blackheart grinning as he sees the contract he's been looking for.

"Let them go first." Franklin says.

Franklin and Blackheart stare at each other for a moment before Blackheart complies and throws Batgirl and Batwoman to the side, both of them hitting the side of a building before landing hard on the ground.