Chapter 3: Returning to Gotham City

Over 8 hours and 500 miles of traveling later and Franklin finally reaches the border of Gotham City. Parking his motorcycle on the side of the road, he looks down at the city while standing in front of a sign that says 'Welcome to Gotham City'.

"Home sweet home. Never thought I'd be back. Well, time to settle back in." Franklin says to himself before hopping back onto his motorcycle and driving in the city itself.

Franklin's 18 year absence from Gotham City leaves him surprised about how different the city was. The outside didn't really have much of a difference over that period of time, the inside has been drastically changed. The inside of the city appears to be more run down. Trash scattered in various places. While the streets were bustling with human activity, many of the buildings in Gotham are either abandoned or in very poor condition. After a short while, Franklin finds himself in front of the old Apartment complex that he used to live in, which is now abandoned.

"Well at least I don't have to worry about payments." Franklin says to himself as he then parks his motorcycle in the alley next to the abandoned complex and walks through the main door.

Walking inside for the first time in years, memory flashes of his childhood shine in his eyes.

"Brings back so many memories. Shame it had to end the way it did." Franklin says before finding the old staircase and walks up.

When he manages to reach the second floor, he walks through a hallway until he finds himself walking in front of apartment room 2E, where he used to live. Although the door has been blocked by very old police tape which is now barely hanging onto the door.

"The death of my parents must've shut the place down." Franklin says, realizing the reason for the building being abandoned.

He then turns the door knob and opens the door. Walking inside, he finds the place in disarray. Dirt all over, bugs crawling around, and police tape everywhere.

"Might take a little cleaning, but I can make it work." Franklin says to himself.

He then finds himself walking into his old bedroom where all his belongings have been left behind.

"Everything is where I remember it being." Franklin says, looking through the room.

Sitting on his old bed, the bed creaking badly as he does so, he then notices a note on his nightstand, which looks newer compared to everything else.

"I don't remember that note being there." Franklin says as he then grabs the note.

What he ends up reading sends shivers up his spine as bad memories resurface into his mind.

The note says, 'Dear Franklin Blaze, I know we haven't spoken in a while but if you are reading this then that means that very soon, I'll come forth and request your presence. Be prepared for our next confrontation. From, MEPHISTO.'

Reading the name of the writer of the note made Franklin's blood boil in anger.

"Wherever you are, demon, I will make sure you will never see the light of day again!" Franklin growls.

Meanwhile at a bar in the outskirts of Gotham City, a man who is a member of a biker gang called Hell's Angels, is standing near the front door, obviously guarding the building. The gang member can be seen smoking a really big cigar while also drinking a bottle of whiskey. As the man takes a drink of his whiskey, he notices a man walking towards the bar. The man seems to be wearing a very dark black suit which everything, the shirt, the over shirt, and even the tie was black in color, the man also seems to be around maybe his late 30s in the very least. Unknowingly to the bar guard, this man is not a man. It is in fact a demon named Blackheart.