Chapter 13 - Love and War

Start from the beginning

                        The morning of the wedding I was given formal clothes sporting the gold and red of the kingdom. I left my room shortly after getting dressed and for the first time in days there weren’t any guards to watch over me. Wandering the halls every now and then I would see a servant rushing off somewhere. They paid little to no attention to me.

                       Heading towards the main hall grow a noise that sounded like stampeding cattle. Hundreds of the Eloian people stood within the space and carried on outside. They were all dressed in their best and brought along something of value, most likely gifts for their new Queen and King. Among them was the Wizard Pendragon, looking for the first time what I imaged a wizard to look like. But before I could get a chance to speak with him August told me he needed to talk to me. We found our way into where the ceremony would take place. It was decorated in Ivory and gold silks with red roses and gold dusted lilies everywhere.

                            August took a seat and sighed. “A royal wedding, the first I’ve been able to see thanks to you.” I just balled my fist in response. “Although most dislike that Jellal the way he talks about our Queen, she’s like a mother to us all, old and young. But it’s for the greater good.”

                            “Do you think Eloi can handle a war right now?”

                            “You’ve seen our greatest, ready at all times. I had a feeling Jellal had something planned. Rushing this wedding, he must have already gotten approval from the  Royal Court in secret.”

                             “Yeah, that’s what is sounds like.”

                               August nodded, but said nothing more. People from the Royal Court started to file in and shortly after the privileged citizens from the first ring took their seats.

                                The Queen and King made their way down the isle with Jinx trailing behind and took to the front of the room. Jellal came in with his underling Cotton by his side. Two women came in throwing flowers, followed by the little Princess Rue carrying the Queen’s crown.

                               The moment finally arrives for Panther Lily to make her way down. Harps are played, sounding like the whispers of angels and everyone took to their feet to get a good like at the Princess before she was crown Queen. She was like a cloud of white bound to the Earth by a sash of  crimson and gold, as she floated down the isle. The room went silent when Panther Lily met beside Jellal.

                                  Queen Sorrel stood to deliver the Queen’s Oath, to which Panther Lily repeated. “I, Panther Lily of Eloi, solemnly swear to rule as Queen of this Country with the love, passion, and sense of responsibility of a mother. I swear, that every decision I make, will be because I feel the outcome will be the best for my people. I, Panther Lily, accept this crown to rule and protect the people of the Kingdom of Eloi.” Queen Sorrel then crown Panther Lily as the Queen of Eloi.

                                   The King’s Oath followed and then that was it, they were married. The former King and Queen announced Jellal and Panther Lily as the new rulers of Eloi. Lastly the wedding was sealed with a kiss. Everyone stood and cheered expected for August and I. I know I couldn’t be with her, I knew before I started to feel this way, but at least it should have been someone better than him.

                                    Jellal rasied his and Lily’s hands about their heads and the cheers died down.

                                    “Today is a new day full of new beginnings. The union of Northfay and Eloi is the chance to show the world just how strong we really are. That is why we have officially declared war with Violetfair,” Jellal’s words were filled with a smug sureness.

                                        Panther Lily snatched her hand from his. “What!” The room was full of mixed emotions, mostly of shock and fear.

                                          “Violetfair has always been a threat and will continue to be. What better time is it then now? Isn’t that why we’ve waited for these three hundred years? For this Savoir!” Jellal pointed at me with a twisted smirk on his face.

                                         The former King decided it was time to put a stop to Jellal’s rambles. “It is true we have waited generations for the Savoir, but even as King of Eloi, you have no right to declare war on you own, without the Royal Court, without the Queen.”

                                          “I have no right? I have sought and gotten the approval of the Royal Court. Eloi’s Kings of the past may have been nothing more than mere decoration, but things have been  born anew.”

                                           Sorrel that had remained silent stood between the two men, taking hold of her husband’s hand. “Our King, has declared war with a country that wants to swallow the world with its power. Although I believe it was not wise to discuss war on the day of one’s marriage,” she paused to look to Jellal before returning to the people. “But our King is doing what is best for the future of Eloi, for the future of our people.” Sorrel then turned towards Jellal and bowed her head to him. For a brief moment surprise ran across his face. She left the room with her husband in tow.

                                              “Queen Sorrel is a great woman. She just saved his life and stopped a second war,” August said as Panther Lily was escourted out of the room while I was still trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

                                              “What?”

                                               “By disrespecting the role of our Queen, the mother of the people, his head surely would have rolled and Northfay would demand blood for the death of their prince. Giving her blessing for the declaration she saved many lives.”

゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚・:,。☆゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚・:,。☆゚・:,。゚

♬ •♩ ·.·´¯'·.·♭•♪ October♪ •♭·.·´¯'·.·♩ •♬ There is another version of this chapter floating around my room that I think was just perfect. But for the life of me I couldn’t find it. And Sugar Monsta prove pretty useless because he didn’t write it down to start with! The picture to the side is a picture I drew for what I want Jellal to look like. I love thick eye brows on Men! I don’t know why.

Brooklyn – Twasn’t my fault someone can’t keep her room clean and important papers safe. Eye brows?

We’re going to try to focus up to finish this in the next 3 to 4 months. It’s been long enough. The last chapter is already written, so we just have to fill in the blanks.