•Chapter Thirteen•

*Behind the scenes*

(Chara's POV)

I was outside standing on the front porch while I was on the phone with Tonya. Tonya called me to start a petty argument about lying about her name to Gavin!

"WELL, TONYA, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING! WHAT ELSE DID YOU WANT ME TO DO!?" I exclaimed.

"GIRL, I'M NOT ABOUT TO GO DOWN IN YOUR SHIT BECAUSE YOU WANNA LIE TO GAVIN!" Tonya shouted over the phone.

"GIRL, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY BEST FRIEND. YOU KNOW I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR GAVIN'S SHIT!"

"YES, YOU MAY BE MY BEST FRIEND! BUT I'VE KNOWN GAVIN LONGER THAN YOU. IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN YOU AND GAVIN...IT WOULD BE HIM!"

"WHAT!?"

"YES, GIRL, 'CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON, BUT I DON'T WANNA HAVE NO PARTS OF THIS! WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON BEHIND HIS BACK ANYWAY!?"

"NOTHING! It's just... all Gavin and I do is argue. He's always asking me about where I'm at, what I'm doing, and he's also on my neck about shit!"

"WELL, TELL GAVIN THAT AND STOP WASTING HIS TIME! AND STOP LYING ON TONYA'S NAME BECAUSE I PROMISE YOU I WILL COME BACK DOWN TO LAKEWOOD VILLAGE AND RAISE HELL!... I gotta go."

*Beep*

Tonya hung up the phone in my face. I charged back into the house with anger. I stomped up the stairs to my room, but before I could get there, my mom called my name.

"CHARAA!!"

I rolled my eyes and entered her room, saying, "Yes?"

She was lying on the bed, holding a Bible and wearing a face mask. She handed me her cup and requested, "Can you make me some more lemonade, please?"

I took the cup and asked, "With ice or without?"

"Ice, please! And could you add another straw? And hold the attitude, will you? Don't bring it into the cup."

I went downstairs, prepared some lemonade with ice, and then stirred the cup with the new straw as she had requested. Then I spat in it..she'll be okay! I walked up the stairs again and handed it to her, saying, "Here you go, Mama."

She took the cup and asked, "What were you yelling and cursing about outside?"

"My boyfriend's frustrating me, Mama."

"How's that?"

"He keeps questioning me about my business! I don't always have the time to text and call him because I'm busy!"

"Busy doing what? Girl, you don't have any business. You're mostly in your room on that phone and reading your Bible. I'm not even sure if you're truly doing that anymore."

"Yes, Mama, I do read the Bible four times a week, just like you've asked me to," I sighed.

"Enough with the excuses. You're not fooling me. When I asked you to write me a paragraph about what you read, you pretty much wrote the same thing over and over again. Don't play games with me!"