•Chapter Five•

*The Birthday Party*

At the Trampoline park*

The football players and basketball boys showed up at the party before the girls did. So instead of waiting for everybody Kyan wanted to get the party started.  Everybody started to eat candy, we were jumping on trampolines, and some of them even attempted backflips. We were all having a good time recording each other being goofy and Kyan being the life of the party. We then took turns riding the zip line, eagerly waiting for our turn. While I was up there patiently waiting, I caught a glimpse of Chara entering the door with some other girls.

They all had on shorts that were practically up their ass but Chara had on joggers! She also had on makeup and her braids were in a high ponytail.

She is so damn gorgeous to me! I ran down the stairs immediately and met her at the wristband stand.

I tapped on her shoulder then she turned around and smiled.

"Hey, beautiful!" I smiled.

She chuckled and said "Heyy!"

We hugged each other and I loved the feeling of my hands around her waist. I felt her heart pounding against my chest as we hugged. It felt like two magnets that couldn't separate.

We pulled away but I didn't let her go. I was gazing at her eyes as I continued to hold her by the waist. She continued to have her arms wrapped around my neck and we stared at each other deeply.

Then she asked, "Where's the birthday boy?"

"Oh, he's up on the zip line right now!"

"Okay!" She responded " My mom made me bring a birthday card she was close to getting a girly birthday card but I told her the "birthday girl'"favorite color is blue. Then she went into a whole speech about the girls in our generation!"

I chuckled and shook my head "Yo momma sounds like something else!"

"Chara!" A girl called out. "Come get your wrist band girl!"

I let her go and Chara said "I'll be back!"

"Okay!" I responded.

I pulled out my phone and waited for her then this girl named Tonya walked up to me. Tonya and Kyan were dating at this time! Tonya is one of the most bougie females at our school. She got a rest in bitch face, she's very much ghetto and country, and she's very materialistic! Kyan's type of woman! The only thing I respect about Tonya is...she's upfront and humble! She also knows what she wants instead of having men play the guessing game with her.

"HEY GAVIN!!"

"Hey, Tonya wassup? What you want? Kyan is up there on the zip line if you looking for him. Leave me alone!"

"DAYUMM! A bitch can't say heyy and see how you doing!?"

"Tonya! You don't ever talk to me unless Kyan is around or you wanna know some "tea" ain't that what you females call it?" I asked.

"Well, I meannnnn..." Tonya responded. "Word on the curb is you and Chara got something going on!"

"What makes you think we got something going on?"