•Chapter Twenty Nine•

•Turn over an Illegal Leaf•

Gavin's POV:

After court, I was driving over to my Auntie Maggie's house. to go pick my son up and tell her what happened. Kyan was in the passenger seat, discussing new job alternatives with me.

"I mean you can always be a stripper!" Kyan blurted.

"BOY HELL NO ARE YOU CRAZY?!?" I asked.

"I mean male strippers get paid good money and you ain't gotta wait every week to get paid you get it just like that!" Kyan responded.

"Kyan no! Give me another option; I'm not considering stripping." I told him.

"Or you can do what I do..." Kyan suggested.

"Oh yeah and what's that staying at home and playing video games and suspiciously getting paid off for doing it?" I asked.

"Why you gotta say it like that?" Kyan asked.

"I mean you don't have a job yet you somehow get paid off of playing video games. Then whenever Mama Kennedy asks to see the proof you don't ever have any! So excuse me if I find it a little suspicious." I responded.

"That's because I don't do gaming I just tell my mama that so she can lay off my back," Kyan confessed.

"I fucking knew it! So what is it that you do?" I asked.

"I hustle..." Kyan replied.

"What is hustling supposed to mean? And how you gon' tell me to do what you're doing but you're not going into detail."

"I mean hustling should tell you everything!"

"What you selling dope?!?" I asked.

Kyan went quiet and I asked, "KYAN ARE YOU SERIOUS BOY YO MAMA GON KILL YOU!!"

"I know but it pays good money. I can sell ten pounds of weed and get rich off that shit instantly. My mama wouldn't understand but I know you do!"

"I don't Kyan I'm sorry I ain't never sold drugs a day in my life and I'm not going to start now. I'd rather be a stripper instead because DRUG MONEY ain't GOOD MONEY! Bro what's going to happen if you get in trouble?? Because your supplier won't take the blame for you, Kyan."

"He ain't got to! Because I don't ever get caught and it's not about the money being good or bad. It's about acting fast in a situation that will help faster than a nine-to-five job can. I am making five hundred dollars a night selling dope to feens! They'll do anything for a bag of marijuana and get this if you got crack they pay extra."

"I can't even believe you're talking like this Kyan! How are you getting this past yo mama?"

"Well Cocaine ain't got a smell to it and she knows I smoke weed anyway so it's not hard. When she goes to bed at night I'll leave out the house and I'll sell my stashes I just gotta be back in the house at a certain time."

"No Kyan! I'm not doing that man there's gotta be a better way. I'm in need of some extra money but I ain't that desperate to go to jail. I'm trying to keep my son and not get taken away from him because that's what happened to my dad."