•Chapter Seventeen•

*The Bombshell dropped*

Three and a half weeks later*

I hadn't talked to Chara since the Halloween Party, and I was still mad at her about how things went down that night. Even to this day, I don't remember what happened and If I'm honest I don't even wanna know. It's the last week of school before Thanksgiving break and I was beginning to get over her for real this time. I didn't want to think about her, I didn't wanna talk about her, and hell I didn't even wanna look her way when we're in class together.

One rainy morning in science class*

I was in the middle of making up some class assignments when suddenly Chara walked to my desk.

"Gavin?"

I pretended not to hear her.

"We need to talk about something important!"

I still pretended not to hear her.

She pulled up a seat next to me and said "Gavin I need you to hear me out!"

I continued to type on my computer.

"Remember that night of the party?" She asked.

"Oh, so now you wanna talk about what you did?"

I stopped typing and looked at her, "Look if you want to apologize I don't have time for that shit. Because 'sorry' won't change the fact that it still happened! I can't even say you took advantage because we were both intoxicated but what I can say is that I don't want to no longer be around you or have anything to do with you!"

"I'm pregnant!" She blurted.

"Congratulations!" I quickly responded with a shrug.

"Wait, what the fuck do you mean congratulations!? Gavin, you're the last person I slept with!" Chara said.

"Was I really?" I asked.

She slapped me, and then I grabbed her by the hands and shook her intensely.

"Gavin, let go!" she demanded, struggling to free her hands from my grip.

"HEY! BOTH OF YOU GO TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THAT!" The teacher said.

We ended up getting ISS for the rest of the day. She sat next to me and it was nothing but just mad silence. The tension in the room was louder than the silence though.

"Gavin..."

That was before she had to break it.

"I was serious...you were the last person I slept with."

"So? You're telling me this like your mama won't make you get rid of it!" I responded.

She got silent, and then I asked, "What do you want from me huh!? What do you want me to do?"

"Be there for it..." she responded.

"So you gon' keep it?" I asked.