Judas - JJK

~~~~

~~~~

I never thought that I could be in this position.

5 hours earlier...

"This is the best trip of my life." I tightly hugged my husband as the wind blew both of our hairs.

"Of course you needed to blow off some heat." Jungkook smiled lightly while tightening his hold around my body.

My whole life, I was confined. I grew up in a not-so-favourable environment; my family was killed in a gang war, and as an orphan, it was easy for people to push me around. But instead of sadness, anger grew inside of me, and the only thing I wanted in life was authority, which can only be achieved when I enter the system.

And that's how I became a cop. It was said that I had hatred for gangsters; they were the reason for my hard life, but I guess after dark there is a sunrise.

After becoming a cop, I met Jungkook. He was a ray of light for me.

I was so busy making my life that I forgot to live, and he was there to remind me of that. He was there with me through my hardest times, and now he deserves me in my best version.

And that's how we became husband and wife.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Jungkook pouted, looking at me.

"huh? You were saying something?" I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear him speak.

"I said, let's have some ice cream." He pointed at the ice cream truck standing beside the seashore.

I chuckled and kissed his cheeks, saying, "Come on, let's go."

We reached the ice cream truck while still holding hands.

"One vanilla chocolate chip, please." Jungkook ordered his flavour and looked at me to do the same.

But strangely, I was having an odd feeling in my gut.

Jungkook's soft voice broke me out of my trance: "Are you not feeling well?" His concerned orbs stared at me.

I smiled and shook my head. "Nothing serious, and let me share your ice cream cone." I rest my head on his shoulder. No matter how strong my persona is for the outside world, in front of Jungkook, I always become a meek girl who needs to be protected.

"Here is your cone, sir." The man handed him our order, but before Jungkook's hand could reach out for the cone, a loud gunshot was heard. And in instinct, we both duck down, dropping everything in our hands.

"What the fu-" Before I could even complete the sentence, another gunshot was heard, and this time the shot was on the ice cream truck, right beside where Jungkook was.

I was horrified.

I know that being in the field that I am in will lead to many enemies, but before Jungkook, I was not scared of anything because I had no one that my enemies would use to harm me, but now...

"We need to quickly leave Jungkook." I tried my best to gather my emotions. My first priority is to protect my husband.

Jungkook nodded, and without standing up, we started to crawl our way out. But I guess the universe has other plans.

"Leaving too early, Ms. Hwan, or should I say Mrs. Jeon?" I could feel my blood running cold. It was the first time that I had been in this situation.

I slowly turned around and found a gun pointing at my position.

"Too bad, you cannot leave." The man in front of me smirked. Honestly, I really wanted to rip off his face, but right now, Jungkook's safety is my first priority.

"Listen, I don't know what issue you have with me, but let my husband go. He is not involved in anything." From this point of view, I was literally begging. I cannot lose my family again.

The man in front of me started laughing.

"Oh god, you don't know what limits I have crossed to see you in this position, Hwan. I am just holding off to not kill you in this very right moment." He stopped laughing and looked dead in my eyes.

I heard shuffling beside me as Jungkook started to stand up. "No! Jung-"

"Well done, Jungguk! Our four-year mission was successful, all thanks to you!"

And as if the world stopped revolving, my mind went blank at his words. At first, everything was blurred, and after some time, when things started making some sense, I found my husband standing beside that man.

Jungkook was looking at me with no emotion. I could not recognise him anymore.

"Jungkook, what is he saying?" Tears blurred my vision as I stood in front of him.

But he was just so emotionless. It feels like all the energy has been sucked out of both of us.

"Everything was a setup. Jungguk is my man. And I send him to make you feel the pain that I felt when someone so precious to you is taken away." The man spoke again, pointing the gun at me.

But at this point, I was unable to hear anything because of the increasing pain.

Was everything a lie?

How can I not see through his lie?

It was too real to be a lie.

"Was there any time when you really loved me?" I still cannot believe everything that is happening around me. I still believe that Jungkook will smile, hug me again, and take all of my pain away.

But all I was greeted with was silence.

This time he was avoiding my eye contact.

"Wouldn't it be lovely if you were killed by your own lover?" The man who freaking changed my whole life within seconds handed Jungkook his gun.

"Kill her."

How life can be turned upside down without you even knowing

A few hours before, I was enjoying my trip with my husband, and now he is pointing a gun at my head. Quite ironical, isn't it?

In my peripheral vision, I can see Jungook has loaded the gun, and now his finger is on the trigger, ready to shoot me.

My life doesn't want me to be miserable; it always fills me with anger.

By the time Jungkook could press the trigger, I had taken out my own gun, which I always keep with me.

We both shot at each other at the same time.

My bullet passed straight through his heart, causing him to drop his gun. 

But why am I not feeling any pain from the bullet?

Suddenly, I heard a strong voice behind me as the previous man dropped dead with a bullet hole inside his head.

No...no... This can't be happening; he didn't shoot me.

I looked straight at him with tearful eyes as I tried to run to him, but my legs gave up.

"I loved you in every moment." He smiled beautifully for the last time.

A/N: I should be studying for my exam but here I am writing this. But whatever, It's been a while that I have written some story :')