𝟬𝟬𝟭

Step, step, step. Your heart pounded but you had no idea why, perhaps you didn't turn off the stove when you were on your way to pick up Riko? No it couldn't be that, but there had to be a reason you felt this..upcoming dread in your stomach.

Something was off..completely. You knew something was wrong, yet you brushed it off thinking it was nothing as you cotninued on your way home with your little sister.

By the time you reached home you had received a call that changed your life completely, your so called lovely parents were dead. You knew you couldn't do much about it either way and it surely didn't help you knew Riko was but only a 4 year old who would probably have no understanding of what is really happening.

A crush-worthy reality that would break her small heart into more pieces than you could count.

"Hey hey nii-san! Look, this is what i wanted to show you!". You slowly looked up to see something that made you feel as if you were completely shattered into pieces. You felt guilty, you knew you weren't responsible for what had happened, but how would you be able to respond when she had such a angelic smile holding up a drawing of your precious family?

As if you weren't controlling your own body your body went down on one knee and hugged her. "Hey riko..promise me something?"

The child felt as if you knew something she didn't, she was well aware of her age and didn't quite understand why you looked so..sad and distant but payed it no mind with the train of thought that you would be find not too long later into the day. "Promise you'll listen to me and you won't leave me, you fine with that?"

The child nodded her head enthusiastically "of course!", holding out her pinky "to sweeten the deal" with a contagious smile that also spilled upon your face. "Deal".

Ever since that day she was in your care until a woman named Misato Kuroi came around to take care of not only her but you as well. It was also thanks to her that you discovered you had cursed energy in the first place.

It was around this year that Riko was in junior high as you were secretly taking classes with Masamachi Yaga that you later found out to be the next principle of a school called "tokyo jujutsu high". He offered to entroll you but you declined knowing that you still had to take care of Riko even with Kuroi taking care of her at times.

Obviously you having this amount of cursed energy wasn't normal and most would be as bold as to assume you came from a very powerful clan but in reality, you were born of barely anyone with cursed energy fit to take down a 3rd grade at the very most.

Yaga knew about you potential and made no haste to waste it in no way at all, he knew that if he even hesitated in doing so the higher ups would get to you first considering a literal ball of huge cursed energy was just around and not being trained properly.

Despite your protests he made it so you would be entrolled either way.

"Yaga-san..as much as i appreciate you, I'd still like to stay away from that place as far as po-" You were cut off with his glare that really screamed 'it wasn't a question it was a order as your instructor' and considering that you probably and most likely wouldn't stand a chance against the older man in your attempt to change his mind, you gave in.

The same year prior you were ordered to come to his classroom in which you thought wouldn't be a problem until you were proved wrong dearly.

-In which that brings us to our current predicament.