Chapter-2 Triggered Loss

Author's POV
Fury told all the Avengers that there was going to be a new Avenger and all of them were in the meeting room waiting for him. Fury entered the room and announced, "She is here."

"She? Our new Avenger is a girl." Steve said with disapproval in his tone "She is not like any other girl you have met Captain." Thor said walking into the room. "You know her?" Nat asked Thor

"I know her better than anyone, well maybe Mother knows her better but still" Freya entered the room and all the boys except Thor stared at her in amazement "Wow! You're gorgeous!" Pietro said still staring at her and Freya chuckled "Thank you, I am Freya, Thor's sister." she introduced herself.

"So you're a goddess?" Wanda asked "Yes, I'm the Goddess of Power." she replied, "Great, now that we know you, can we just get back to work?" Steve asked clearly annoyed and left. "What's his problem?" Freya asked.

"He's grieving, a little too long if you ask me." Tony scoffed "Come, I'll show you your room," Nat said and Freya followed her. "Are you gentlemen done drooling over my sister?" Thor asked and all the boys just smiled.

Freya's POV
I followed Nat to my room and I walked past Steve's room and we made brief eye contact. Finally, Nat opened a door "This is your room." "Thanks, Nat, can you please tell me where the training room is?" Nat chuckled.

"You already want to work?" "Well I was training before I got here, I might as well finish it." I smiled at her "2nd floor, first room on your left." she replied. "Thanks, Nat" I went to the gym and found Steve beating himself down.

"You could take it easy...you know." I said smiling, he ignored me and continued beating himself down "You're not the only one who feels pain, I know how you feel." I said

"You could never understand the pain of losing someone you loved." Steve saw the tears in my eyes as I remembered Loki and I rushed out of the gym, slammed my bedroom door shut and started crying.

Steve's POV
I saw tears form in Freya's eyes and she rushed out of the gym. I followed her and saw her slam her bedroom door shut. I leaned on the door and heard her crying and Thor came up to me.

"Why are you leaning on my sister's door?" he asked "She's crying." I said not knowing what to do. "What did you say to her?" He asked me sternly "She told me that she also feels pain and I told her she could never understand my pain." I told him and he looked at me angrily.

"You have made a big mistake Cap." he knocked on the door. "Freya, it's Thor. Let me in, now!" He yelled and Freya opened the door and hugged Thor "I miss him so much." she said crying "I know, I miss him too." he started comforting her.

"I'm sorry that I'm weak but I just cannot help but cry." "Freya, you are not weak. You are one of the strongest people I know." Thor kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. She looked at me and I left not wanting to make it worse.

Nat's POV
I saw Steve coming to the living room and he had his 'I did something wrong' look. "What did you do?" I asked him "I made Freya cry." he said lowering his head "You did what!?" Sam yelled, "What did she ever do to you Capsicle?" Tony asked

"Guys calm down, let him explain." I told all of them and turned to Steve "How did you make her cry?" I asked him. He started explaining "She told me that she also feels pain and I told her she could never understand my pain and she started crying."

"I guess Thor forgot to tell you, she lost her brother a few weeks ago." Wanda spoke up "Thor didn't seem that sad." Bruce spoke up "Thor wasn't that close with Loki but Freya and Loki were very close." Wanda said.

"How do you know all of this?" I raised my eyebrow "I may have read her mind when she came in." Wanda said looking away. "We have to do something to cheer her up." Pietro said looking at Tony "We should throw her a party, we could all use some fun" Tony said "I'm in!" Sam said

"That's the worst idea ever." Steve argued back "Then you are not invited Cap" Bruce said "You triggered her loss Steve, you owe it to her but if you don't want to come. Just stay in your room." I said

"You guys start organising the party. I'll go tell Asgardian siblings we are having a party tonight." I left the leaving room.

🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻🪻

Author's note: Yikes! Looks like Steve hit a nerve. The Avengers are throwing a party to cheer Freya up. What will happen at this party?

   Read on to find out and don't forget to vote 💜