12. {I miss you}

Warning// sexual content ahead😗

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

It was awkward trying to sleep in the same bed with Drea. She didn't toss or turn, and she stayed on her side of the bed. My main issue was that she was...there. It was very different from her jumping into bed with me halfway through the night. This time, we were attempting to fall asleep together, and I didn't know how to fall asleep with her so far away from me in the same bed. Yet we had no reason to be any closer. I could smell her constantly and hear the shallow, steady breaths she took. Her warmth radiated around us, and I longed to be cuddled. Even if just for a little while. It made me miss my husband.

Tears brewed in my eyes, and I thought I blinked them back, but a couple still fell. The thing I hate about crying is the sniffling that comes with it and the pain in my throat. Like I'm trying to be stealthy god damnit, and the two single tears that fell from my eyes are enough to activate my sinuses. I hate it—

A hand found mine under the covers, cutting off my mental rant. I turned to look at Drea. She was lying on her side facing me, her head snuggled in her arm and her eyes closed. She pulled me gently. "Come here."

So, she wasn't asleep?

She coaxed me forward until I was chest-to-chest with her. Her chin rested on the top of my head as her arm wrapped around me in a hug. She pulled me even closer as if to merge our bodies. Her legs tangled with mine and they were smooth. Soft.

"No more tears." She told me softly as she wiped away the ones staining my cheek. Her hand lingered and I leaned into it, embracing her touch. The scent of her snuck into my lungs and I let it comfort me. "Go to sleep." She breathed as her hand buried in my hair and massaged the back of my head as she held me to her.

I nodded and slowly hugged her back. My head pressed against her chest, and I closed my eyes. As I did, I felt her press a soft kiss on my forehead. I think I fell asleep at her touch. The constant throbbing and pulsing between my legs dragged me from my sleep. The heat coursing through my body, unprovoked, was unreal. The intensity was starting to feel like a punishment for ignoring my needs. When my eyes fluttered open, I was alone in bed.

The ache in my pelvis made me groan and before I knew it, my hand was beneath the sheets, slipping into my underwear. I closed my eyes and Adrian's face came to me, his body. I could feel his strong arms around my neck, pinning me against the bed while the weight of his body kept my legs spread wide and pushed up to my chest.

But then his face morphed into Drea's and I could almost feel her towering over me, her face close to mine, peering into my eyes as she settled between my legs. My body quivered at the thought, yearning for a reality I shouldn't want. But I did. Pain shot through my hand and I had to pull it back with a cry, curling into the foetal position. I completely forgot I fractured my hand too and holding my fingers at that angle felt as if somebody smashed the bones in with a hammer.

I felt around on the night table for my phone, calling Steph. "Please tell me you're not at work," I said on the verge of tears.

"No," she said brightly. "I'm downstairs. Are you crying?"

"I hurt my hand," I told her unable to hold back the tears as I got out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. If the floor could open up and swallow me that would be better than living like this. This sucked.

"How? What were you doing?"

"NOTHING!" I squeezed some soap into my palm and started scrubbing my hand gently. "I-I was sleeping."

"Julia! What did you do?"

I paused and watched the water run, washing away the soap. "Nothing, Steph. It's embarrassing."