Chapter 9.3

One would think that after such a groundbreaking weekend that Louis has had, things would start changing for the better. Personally, Louis considers himself having had quite the crappy year, so if God would stop being a little bitch and send Harry on his merry way to talk to him, then he'd be grateful.

Yes, he's angry. And God never listens, as usual.

Neither does Harry.

Louis tried to talk to talk to him during practice. It was embarrassing. He wanted to cry.

It wasn't even about them, it was about footie. Like, the team that they're both captain of. It's been another week of sneaking around each other, Friday already having come back around. He thinks it's rather absurd how slow the days pass without Harry. Suddenly he has all this free time, and nothing to do. He's got Niall, but he doesn't take up all the time Harry did, because Harry was constantly by his side. Louis is so bored, wanking isn't even making him feel good.

He walked up to Harry today during morning practice on the pitch, where he was sipping from his bottle of water. Louis said hello, like the polite mannered person he is. Harry stared at him awkwardly for three whole seconds before he walked away without a word.

Louis should feel rejected, but he's in the next stage: annoyance. (He's still very much heartbroken and confused, but that's not to be mentioned.)

There's been an obvious change of dynamic, and everyone has noticed. Two weeks ago they were closer than ever, and now they can barely look one another in the eye. It's fucking annoying is what it is. None of the lads on the team say anything, but Louis is quite sure they're worried about the upcoming game, afraid whatever is going on between Harry and Louis will shake how good things have been going. Louis isn't worried, but he's a little bit worried.

They're on the way to the pizza parlor, about to get pizzas before heading over to Liam's house. Louis is being social, because Niall is actually bringing out his social butterfly (which is still also in love Harry who is also being a dick).

They order six pizzas, and end up waiting by the counter.

"Seeing Harry now is kind of fucked up," Niall says conversationally. Louis turns to look at him. He doesn't know why, because Harry hasn't been there for him in weeks, but mentioning Harry in a negative manner irks him. He needn't worry though, because apparently Niall didn't mean that. "Like, knowing that you and him get off together. Can't even picture it. Imagine you and him snogging..."

Oh god. Louis should definitely not tell him about the time he ate Harry out.

"You're weak."

"I can see the chemistry, though. Hate sex. Nice."

"It was only hate sex in the beginning. They weren't even the best times," Louis mutters.

"Which was the best time then?" The blond wiggles his brows.

"Not telling you, I don't even know." Definitely when he rimmed Harry and they held hands, or their last time.

"Okay, but tell me what he's like then, when you're not fighting." Louis squints at him. "Come on, I want to know. Lottie has told me, but I want to hear it from you."

Louis rolls his eyes. "Fine, he's lovely. Can we not talk about him, please?"

Niall suddenly frowns, clearing his throat. He inches his head to the side, obviously having spotted something. "Err, okay. But, um, he's here."

"What do you mean 'here'?"

"As in here," Niall hisses.

Louis swiftly turns, eyes widening as he sees Harry walking inside the parlor with his mum and dad. This is all too familiar. Louis can't deal with this.