134

Chapter 134 Is Aylin Your Real Granddaughter?

The red convertible had already driven far away, and Gavyn stood there with a pale face, as if someone had pressed the pause button on him.

A chill permeated throughout the entire body.

As the female housekeeper passed by, she caught a glimpse of his icy cold face and was so frightened that she almost dropped the fruit plate she was carrying.

“Why does Mr. Delacruz look so abandoned?” the new female housekeeper quietly asked as she

turned her head.

The old housekeeper tugged at her sleeve and hurriedly gestured for silence, “Keep it down, don’t let Mr. Delacruz hear you. I heard it was the former Mrs. Delacruz who filed for divorce. Oh dear, we shouldn’t be talking about this. Let’s get back to work.”

Gavyn was silent.

The housekeeper’s whispers didn’t escape Gavyn’s notice. With a darkened expression, the man

turned around and walked towards the residence.

Yes, he was divorced, and he couldn’t understand why Aylin suddenly proposed the divorce.

Now he was even more puzzled as to why she wanted to marry him.

Even to this day, he realized that he had never truly seen through this woman. Obedient and well-behaved, yet arrogant and charming – which one was her true self?

Gavyn pursed his lips and made a phone call.

“Mr. Delacruz, do you have any further instructions?”

On the other end of the phone, Lloyd responded very quickly.

Gavyn put on a serious face and said coldly, “When Aylin got married, she took a sum of money from Grandpa. Go find out where that money went.”

Lloyd could tell that Gavyn was in a bad mood, so he didn’t dare to delay any further. He quickly

responded, “Yes, I’ll take care of it right away.”

After hanging up the phone, Gavyn paused on the steps for a moment before finally making his back to the living room.

way

No matter how many questions he has right now, he must first go and check on Steve’s condition.

To their surprise, before he could open the door, it was pushed open from the inside. Haleigh and

Carmen stumbled out, looking disoriented.

Get Borus

The door slammed shut with a resounding bang.

That stance showed absolutely no mercy.

This is clearly Steve’s handiwork!

“Grandpa, how could you be so heartless?”

Carmen banged on the door heavily, sobbing so hard that she could barely catch her breath. It seemed as if she would faint at any moment. “I’m your real granddaughter, Grandpa! How could you be so cruel as to drive me away for the sake of a stranger?”

Haleigh didn’t dare to act as spoiled and cute as Carmen, but she also wore a bitter expression on her face, looking at the door with great resentment, mumbling and grumbling under her breath.

“Exactly, there’s no way a grandfather wouldn’t favor his own granddaughter…”

Tears streaming down her face, Carmen saw Gavyn return and let out a cry, rushing towards him with her tear-streaked face. “Gavyn! Look at Grandpa! He wants to kick me and Mom out of the house for a woman like Aylin. His heart must have completely shifted to the right side.

But I’m clearly the one with the Delacruz family bloodline!”

Gavyn never expected Steve to drive people away, and was quite surprised. With a serious expression, he knocked on the living room door.

After a while, Alfred cracked the door open slightly.

“Mr. Delacruz, has the person been brought back?”

Alfred bowed slightly and then, facing the two Haleigh and Carmen, spoke calmly, “Mrs. Haleigh

Delacruz, Ms. Delacruz, Old Mr. Delacruz says he’s getting old and wants to live a few more years

without all the noise from your arguing. If you insist on crying, please do so outside.”

Carmen stomped her foot in frustration, “How could Grandpa treat me like this! Grandpa, you’re playing favorites! You’ve really hurt your granddaughter’s feelings!”

Alfred paid no attention to Carmen’s scream, and walked straight to Gavyn’s side. He stood there, lowered his gaze, and began to speak.

“Mr. Delacruz, Old Mr. Delacruz said he wants to rest quietly for a while and doesn’t want to see

anyone, including you.

He asked Mr. Delacruz to go back and take care of the wedding matters, and then think carefully about what’s right and wrong.”

Just like Steve, Alfred also had high hopes for Aylin, but Gavyn’s actions were truly disheartening.

After conveying Steve’s message, he left with a remark, “Mr. Delacruz, please make yourself

www

comfortable.” Then, he turned around and closed the door.

Gavyn was speechless

He looked at his mother and sister, who were crying incessantly, and his eyebrows twitched

uncontrollably.

A daughter-in-law who raised children for the Delacruz family, two descendants carrying the Delacruz bloodline, and Steve, who stood outside the door, all for the sake of Aylin.

Aylin is actually Steve’s biological granddaughter, right?