58

Chapter 58 Become the Granddaughter-In-Law

Benjamin carefully observed Aylin, noticing that she spoke earnestly and didn’t seem to be mistreating herself. Only then did he feel at ease.

“Aylin, if you ever encounter any issues, you must tell me, Old Mr. Bennett!”

Benjamin truly felt heartache for Aylin, almost to the point of making her cry. She quickly took out the gift prepared by Hugo to hide her emotions.

“Old Mr. Bennett, please take a look at the gift I’ve prepared for you. Do you like it?”

“You silly child, why did you bring a gift? Your presence is the greatest gift for me. If you bring

something like this again, don’t blame me for kicking you out!” Benjamin put on a stern face,

pretending to be angry.

Julia playfully patted Aylin’s shoulder with a light laugh, “Good girl, come by more often. Dad has

been talking about you ever since he heard you were coming back. From now on, treat this place

your own home…”

like

“That’s right, from now on, treat this place like your own home.”

Howard Bennett also came over and chimed in, “Your father and I are like sworn brothers, so from

now on, you’ll be no different from my daughter!”

He wore a dark haute couture suit, his gaze profound. Over the years in the business world, he had

mastered the art of concealing his emotions.

At this moment, warmth was given to Aylin.

As the guests arrived one after another, they were all astonished to see the Bennett family gathered

around an elegantly dressed woman.

“Does anyone know that woman? She’s quite beautiful!”

“I’ve never seen her before, but judging by the way Old Mr. Bennett looks at this woman, with even more affection than he has for his granddaughter, she must be someone of extraordinary status!”

“Could it be the Bennett family’s illegitimate daughter…?”

She was rendered speechless.

Faint voices entered Aylin’s ears, but she paid no attention to them and gave Hugo a subtle glance.

On his way to the event, Hugo had already received the guest list for the banquet. Following Aylin’s instructions, he mingled with the crowd and started socializing.

“Aylin!”

Suddenly, an excited voice, accompanied by a fragrant breeze, could be heard.

Suzanne Bennett, the daughter of the Bennett family, went upstairs to change her clothes. When she came down, she saw her long-lost bestie, her eyes red as if she was about to cry.

Aylin, she’s really alive!

Back then, when she learned about Aylin’s death, she simply couldn’t bring herself to believe it. How could someone who was perfectly fine just suddenly be gone?

She rushed to the site of the cruise ship explosion and searched almost every inch of the surrounding area. In the end, she spent an entire week soaking in the sea but still couldn’t find anyone. When she returned home, she came down with a high fever.