69

Chapter 69 I Am Late

The other person dragged out their words, which annoyed Haleigh. “Stop beating around the bush and fust tell me!”

The person on the other end chuckled, “We heard that she was seen getting into a car with an older man, all secretive-like. Who knows what they’re up to!”

“With an old man?” Haleigh’s face immediately showed a layer of disgust upon hearing this, as if her ears had been tainted. “Tsk! That shameless little wretch!”

H**king up with a young guy wasn’t enough, and now she’s even trying to flirt with an older man?

D*mn it, this bumpkin acted so well-behaved and gentle at home. Haleigh felt nauseous just thinking about how this kind of woman was once her daughter-in-law.

What a disgrace to the family!

“Are you sure? Which direction did they go?”

“They went to the western suburbs, and we’re still tracking their exact location. I’ll send you real-time location updates now.”

“Send it over quickly!”

Haleigh grabbed her bag from the table and dashed towards the parking lot. After taking a couple of steps, she suddenly remembered that she hadn’t removed her facial mask. So, she went back, took off the mask, and tossed it into the trash bin from a distance.

The housekeeper, who was sweeping the front door, looked around in confusion. What on earth was going on?

In the Delacruz family, everyone could clearly see Haleigh’s foolishness. However, only Carmen. and Laila showered her with excessive praise, causing the already confused Haleigh to completely

lose her self-awareness.

Haleigh herself was oblivious to these evaluations. The moment she got into the car, she was still

brimming with excitement. Today, she was going to have her moment of “sweet revenge” and

redeem her past humiliation!

This despicable person not only schemed to frame her, but also dared to provoke Laila at every turn

after the divorce.

You should know that Laila is the daughter-in-law he has chosen. If Aylin slaps Laila’s face, it’s like slapping her own face!

Aylin managed to find a wealthy patron simply because she relied on her good looks, her ability to act and pretend, and her skill in appearing weak and harmless.

Chapter 691 Am Late

JE BEW

Once upon a time, didn’t she use this same approach with Steve in the Delacruz familly?

When the time comes, as long as Haleigh steps forward and reveals the trite face of that vixen, exposing her actions of seducing men everywhere, let’s see if the old man can still tolerate her!

The thought of Aylin facing disgrace and losing her support made Haleigh burst into laughter.

It’s as if the heavens have opened their eyes!

Haleigh’s actions were swift, but Gavyn’s ears were even quicker. Not long after the car drove off, the CEO’s office of the Delacruz Group was knocked on.

Gavyn didn’t put down the file in his hand, and calmly asked, “What’s the matter?”

Lloyd spoke respectfully in a low voice, “Mr. Delacruz, one of my men just reported that Old Mrs. Delacruz has just driven away, and her actions seemed a bit suspicious.”

Thud!

Gavyn heavily put down the documents, his gaze suddenly turning cold like the frost forming on the surface of a deep winter lake.

“Where did you go?”

Lloyd lowered his head timidly, not daring to make eye contact, and said, “I don’t know yet.”

Gavyn closed his eyes, feeling a headache coming on. He had already reminded Haleigh several times not to cause trouble, but she just wouldn’t listen! Why couldn’t she behave herself?

You won’t go looking for Aylin anymore, right?

This thought flashed through my mind, but it was quickly dismissed.

The damp breeze blew in through the floor-to-ceiling window, not only failing to soothe Gavyn’s agitated mood, but making him even more annoyed.

The same gust of wind also blew through the cemetery.

Two tombstones stood upright there, each inscribed with the names Timothy and Nina.

As you approach the tomb platform, you can still clearly see the traces of raindrops washing away the black and white paper offerings on the gravestone.

Aylin has always been strong-willed, never shedding tears easily in front of others, except for those three years when she lost her memory. But at this moment, as she looked at her parents’ beautiful smiles from when they were alive, her tears finally broke through the dam.

“Dad, Mom, I’m sorry I’m late…”

Daniel held up an umbrella, while Aylin grabbed a broom and diligently swept away the dust and

fallen leaves before them. With each sweep, it seemed as if she was sweeping her own heart. The wind gently lifted her long hair, creating a curve that expressed an extraordinary sorrow.

After carefully sweeping every step, Aylin took the flowers that Daniel had taken out of his bag.

No matter whether it was placing down flowers or praying, Aylin Insisted on doing everything herself, not allowing Daniel to help. He could only do some simple tasks to cooperate. However, as he watched Aylin squat down, revealing her slightly protruding shoulder blades and slender arms, he couldn’t help but turn his head away with teary eyes.

At the age of just over 20, while her peers from wealthy families were still pampering themselves in the arms of their parents and teachers, Aylin had already endured so much.

Having lost her parents and faced betrayal, sometimes he even worried if Aylin, with her seemingly delicate shoulders, could truly bear the weight of the entire Koch Group.

But she, against all odds, managed to hold on!

The rain drizzled on and on, making the headstone quite slippery. Aylin tried several times before she finally got the bouquet in the right place. As the delicate perfume of the flowers rose in the breeze, she prayed reverently for her parents.

After praying, she neatly arranged flowers in front of the grave. Then, she gazed intently at the photo on the tombstone, lost in thought.

Timothy and Nina’s expressions were lively, as if they were holding hands and looking at her with beaming smiles.

Aylin hesitated for a moment, then whispered something softly.

At first, Daniel didn’t quite catch what was said. He paused for a moment before realizing that Aylin had said, “I miss you guys so much.”

The middle-aged man could no longer restrain himself, covering his eyes and letting out a long, sorrowful sigh. In that sigh, one could not help but sense a hint of grief.

“Mr. Koch, Mrs. Koch, please go in peace. Now that Ms. Koch is back, I will definitely take good care of her. As long as I have a breath left in me, I will never let anyone hurt her again. I will make sure

you can rest in peace…”

The raindrops were icy cold, and the wind carried the refreshing scent of plants along with a diluted

sense of sorrow.

Originally a peaceful and tranquil scene, who would have expected that suddenly, a sharp and piercing female voice would come from behind, as abrupt as lightning tearing through the silent night.

“Aylin, you sneaky girl, you’ve been hard to find!”