You're Just As Much of a Man As Us

A/n: Since i'm like,,,not trans or LGBTQ+ or anything I did my best with this prompt and did some research

A/n: Since i'm like,,,not trans or LGBTQ+ or anything I did my best with this prompt and did some research. I do NOT intend to offend anybody with this, but if you find that I have written something in this chapter that can be viewed as or IS offensive or incorrect, please bring it to my attention so that I can fix it!

Requested by: little_pupcup thank you so much!!!

ALSO, Trigger Warnings include transphobia, which is implied when Janus is thinking of the past and stuff. There isn't like an actual transphobic conversation or anything.

When Janus met his friends a few years back in high school, he had been sure that they would immediately pick up on the fact that he was trans and do what people usually did. Have their faces twist into disgust or confusion, give him looks of concern and say 'i'm so sorry' as if he was—was disabled, or had a disorder or something.

Often times, if people noticed, or if Janus told them in private, thinking he had a strong friendship, a connection with someone, they would stare at him blankly for a while, yell at him for it, or simply walk away and never speak to him again.

So, he had learned over the years to stop trying to make people understand. He was different, and nobody liked people who were different.

This friendship started off like any other. Janus being tense and worried. His friends trying to 'break him out of his shell.' But Janus wasn't shy. He was scared to death of being treated like he was wrong, or needed to be fixed.

He introduced himself, subtly throwing in his pronouns, surprised when the two people had smiled at him and told them their pronouns as well. Huh. Usually when he did that people would roll their eyes, or tell them it was unnecessary. But in his situation, he felt like it was very necessary.

Neither of the two had commented on his appearance, or questioned him about his gender after he gave them his pronouns. They talked for a while in class, before exchanging numbers right before the bell rung.