Error and Dream - A Child...

Start from the beginning

I don't know if he can hear any of it, but I hope, somewhere deep down, that he can.

It soon turned into me spilling my life out to him. All my struggles, my hatred for Ink, the unfairness, even the fact I made a friend. A fellow destroyer. For negativity, apparently. He went by Nightmare. It was...oddly relieving. It was then I promised myself I would protect him when he does come out.
I'll be there.

I'm immortal. Not like I have much else to do besides my stupid job.

Dream POV:

Why is it so dark? Wasn't it all a dream? Where's the tree? Nighty? Anything...?

Am...am I dead?

I need to move. I can feel a bit of myself-er, my body. My 'soul' or ball of energy is fine, luckily. What parts of my body can I feel?

I can feel my hand. It's outstretched. Like Om reaching for something. And my legs.

I moved my hand a bit and heard a crumbling noise. Was that my bones breaking? It doesn't hurt...shouldn't it hurt? Nighty said it hurt when he broke his arm.

I kept moving my gloved hand. I felt cold air hit it soon. Feeling rushed back into my arm and I began moving my full arm. I bent my knees and fell onto them. I felt cold air hit my skull, but my eyes were shut tight. I opened my left eye first, followed by my right soon after.  It was burry. All a bright white blur with some teals and grey mixed in. Soon my vision cleared and I saw that my right arm was incased in...stone.

All the memories came rushing back to me. I felt myself tear up.

Night ate the apple. He killed everyone and left me behind! What happened to him?

I started crying. It soon turned into wailing.

This was all my fault! I let them push Nighty to that! I'm a bad brother!

I opened my eyes again and saw a...chair? It looked like a stress ball, but giant. I wiped my eyes with my usable hand and stood up. I walked over to it and felt it. It felt like it was filled with beads. I climbed onto it and laid on my left side, sinking a little. It was comfy. I started crying softly against it. I soon felt sleep creep in on me. I felt like I was asleep the whole time in my stone state. But a little more couldn't hurt. Maybe this is all one big nightmare. Maybe Night's playing a prank on me.

Yeah...

That's gotta be it.

I'm gonna be so mad at him when I wake up.

...

I blinked awake to be blinded by the brightness again. I blinked it away and looked at my right arm, noticing it out of my left's grasp. I almost flinched as I saw an unfamiliar skeleton tending to my arm. It was wrapped up in strings and the skeleton was looking at it. He was a black-boned skeleton, I've never seen that before. Well, I only know one other skeleton and that is Nighty. Was Nighty. He's gone now. The skeleton also has what seems to be tears falling from his eyes.

"Wh-what are you doing to my arm...?" I asked quietly. The skeleton turned to me, removing his glasses to see me. I noticed he seemed to be glitching, too.

"I'm trying to get the stone off without hurting your arm. I've made some progress." The stone used to be nearly to my elbow, now it's almost down to my wrist. "I'm Error, by the way. You?"

"D-Dream." I replied quietly. "This doesn't hurt, right?"

"Nope. Maybe it'll tickle a bit."

Error and I kept talking as he got the stone off my arm. Once it was done, I moved my right arm for the first time in...I don't know.

"Hey Error?" I finally asked. There's no harm in asking, right? "How long was I stone?"

"You we're stone since...Nightmare became the way he is now, right?" He asked.

"You know my brother? And yeah..."

"Then that's about 500 years, Dream."

500...years? I looked away from Error.

"Dream?" He asked.

"I missed so much..."

"Yes. But it's okay. You don't need to be an adult right away." Error's strings let my arm go, as well as the strings that had finished taking the stone off. I looked at him.
"You don't have to grow up yet. I can take care of you here." I smiled slightly at him.

"Thank you!" I got up, wanting to hug him, but Error stepped back.

"One rule, no touching me. I...have a phobia of it."

"What's a phobia?"

"It's...kind of like a fear, but much worse. It can do very bad things to a person if it is ignored."

"Oh. Okay then! I won't touch you, Error! Air hug?"

"Okay." We had an odd little air hug and then I sat on the floor as Error began knitting things.

He asked if I wanted anything made. I asked for a little doll of my brother, after seeing the other dolls he's made. I wanted it of the brother I knew, so I had to explain him to him.

I love that doll. Now I can take my brother anywhere. My actual brother.

...

3rd Person POV:

Error then basically adopted Dream. He never told Nightmare he was the one with Dream either. Dream never minded staying in the blank au. As long as Error was with him.

Dream still got to be an actual child, much to his delight. With a parent who actually cared for him.

———————————————————————

1593 words

I didn't really know how to end it, but here you go. :)