Nobody wants you here

Start from the beginning

"Steve?" she said coming in the kitchen, Steve had his hands on the sides of the counter.

"Dustin said she left because of something he said? what happened?"

When he finished telling her, she grabbed her car keys and ran out. Driving along the route Robin would take to see if she might see her walking but she didn't, she sighed and knew exactly where she was.

She walked through the woods, leafs crunching with every step and then she saw her girlfriend in their usual place. It was a small spot with the river flowing, it was calming and a place Robin always came to when she needed it, Nancy was the only person who knew about it.

She sat down next to Robin, there were no words said at first as Nancy intertwined their hands and Robin leaned into her. Nancy kissing her head, as they watched the water of the river flow.

"He was wrong you know" she said quietly, "everyone loves you, it feels like you're the only reason we don't fall apart at times"

Robin closed her eyes, "I killed max" she whispered, if Nancy wasn't listening so closely, she would've missed it.

She tightened her grip, "no my love, you did no such thing. Max is still with us, the only person to blame with what happened is.. him"

It was still terrifying to say his name, scared that the second they say his name that he will appear.

"I just- I want to help, everyone seems to know what to do and I don't. All I know is how to ramble shit that nobody needs to hear" she said, her voice wavering.

"Nobody knows what they're doing rob, we just convince ourselves we do because it's the only way we can do something. You're the person who figured out the whole thing with the music, you saved Max that day at the cemetery. You deserve your credit for that baby"

Robin shifted, looking up slightly towards Nancy, feeling her soft lips against her own. She could cry at how gentle it was, so soft and pure.

"He didn't mean it, he looked really regretful and upset with himself" Nancy said, rubbing her thumb across Robin's cheek.

"Yeah" Robin whispered, not believing her words.

They stayed till the sun started going down, taking comfort of being in eachother's arms, of being together.

Robin ended up falling asleep in the car, Nancy driving a lot more slower to avoid waking her up as they made it back to Steve's.

Steve was on the porch, coming towards the car but didn't make a noise as Nancy put a finger up to her lips and pointing to Robin who was still asleep. He opened the door, slowly grabbing Robin and picking her up bridal style, trying not to wake her up.

Dustin, who had his mom agree to let him sleepover at Steve's for the night, looked confused seeing him going upstairs with an asleep Robin.

"She lives here?"

Steve nodded, "she does"

"She doesn't live with her parents?" he said curiously.

"That's not my story to tell bud"

"Oh" he said quietly, feeling more guilty at his words earlier.

"She's still asleep?" Steve asked.

Nancy smiled a little, "out like a light"

Dustin cleared his throat, "I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I'll apologize to her tomorrow"

"I'm glad, what you said hurt her Dustin especially about max and the vines" Nancy said with a sigh.

That night Robin had a nightmare and ended up with her sobbing in Nancy's arms. As Nancy held her and comforted that she's okay and they're at Steve's.

The next day, Robin came down the stairs rubbing her eyes while walking towards the kitchen. Greeting Nancy with a kiss as they made cereal for themselves. Then Steve came down, they both said good morning to him, they all just ate their breakfast while talking.

Dustin came last, Robin smiled at him slightly and saying good morning.

"I'm sorry" he said quickly, "for what I said yesterday I didn't mean it- I regret it and you definitely didn't kill max I'm sorry"

Robin just smiled, "thanks Dustin I forgive you"

"Just like that?"

Robin nodded, "just like that, there's some of your favorite cereal in that cupboard"

Dustin smiled, he was glad they all had Robin in their lives.