Engagement

lets pretend the 80s arent homophobic

request for ronancecats

not proof read

Robin has been sweating the entire way to their usual spot, she had been thinking for a while that she could finally ask nancy the question in a couple months and the couple months have passed and today is the day.

They've been together for 5 years and robin felt like this time was the right time, she would drop casual questions and hints but not too suspicious that nancy would realize. She finally got the perfect ring.

They're setting up their food they got, in the same spot near the lake they've been coming for the past 5 years.

Nancy laid down looking up at the sky, "my mom called yesterday, asking when we're coming to visit, what days have you got for work next week?"

"I think I got friday off and saturday is just a morning shift I'm pretty sure but we'll find a day, I do miss her cooking"

Nancy laughed.

They've eaten and have been sitting in silence. They liked these moments to themselves, sometimes would work and everything else in their lives, it seemed they rarely got these pure moments together.

Robin's hands got even more sweaty as she realized she's about to do it.

"Hey come with me" she said holding her hand out.

"Where are we going?" nancy said as she took robin's hand and got up.

They walked closer to the lake but not too close, "you remember when we first found this place?"

Nancy smiled, "yeah of course I do"

Robin grabbed nancy's hands as she pulled her in for a kiss, "I love you so much"

Nancy chuckled, "I love you too"

"I was going to do a whole speech but oh fuck it"

"Wha-"

Robin got on one knee, "nancy wheeler will you marry me?"

Nancy's mouth was wide open, she was speechles, "are you insane? of course, yes I want to marry you!"

Robin put the ring on her, now, fiancee's finger as they both cried in happiness. They kissed eachother and couldn't be happier.

They got married a few months later not knowing in a few years they would also end up being parents to a wonderful daughter.

i was going to put the ending that nancy jumps on robin in excitement and they tumble and end up in mud because funny lmao