I don't know who I am

for jamesmaguire_ I hope you like it!

Nancy has been having this same thought that will randomly go through her head then disappear in a few seconds. She has been thinking about it more and more and she's not sure if she can keep it to herself anymore.

She went to the only person who she would trust, "hey robs?"

Robin groaned, her face still in the pillow, "hmm?"

Nancy felt her words get stuck in her throat, why couldn't she say it now?

Robin could feel nancy's eyes on her but nancy wasn't talking so she opened her eyes, rubbing them to take away the tiredness and sat up, "You okay nance?"

"Uh oh yeah yeah I just-" she shrugged, "Just wanted to ask you something but it might be weird or stupid I don't know"

"I doubt it it would be either of those, what is it?" robin replied with a smile.

"I- I don't know who I am think" she sighed, "I don't know how to put it into words"

This was a lot harder to explain than she thought, what if robin thought she was crazy and break up with her?

"How would you refer to me if you're talking about me?" she blurted out.

Robin furrowed her eyebrows, confused on where this is going, "she?"

Nancy nodded, "I don't know if I want to be referred as she all the time" she said mumbling the last part.

"Okay what would you want to be referred to besides that?"

Nancy expected robin to laugh at her that she's being stupid, "I think I would like they too"

"Oh okay" robin said smiling, "you coming during my shift today?"

"Wait- that's it? Just okay?" she said.

Robin chuckled, "yeah nance just okay, I don't really understand but doesn't mean it's a big deal so you want to be referred as she but also as they?"

Nancy's face light up, "yeah that- yeah I think I still want to keep figuring stuff out though, is it okay if I ask for your help?

Robin kissed her soft lips in a gentle matter, "of course, now" she said grabbing nancy's hands, "come back to bed I'm tired"

Nancy giggled, "you're an idiot" she placed her palm on robin's cheek, "thank you for listening and not thinking I'm crazy"

Robin kissed her girlfriend's palm, "I'll always be here for you"

I tried making it be a conversation that would also show that's in the 80s so hopefully it made some sense