Get away from her

for context, after the events of vecna showing nancy the visions, with the shock she barely speaks anymore. If she does it's very quiet and stutters and usually only to robin. Robin and nancy also live together.

not proof read

At first robin was beyond worried about her girlfriend suddenly not speaking, she knew that vecna showed her some cruel visions but she didn't expect his actions to make nancy to barely speak.

They ended up finding a way for nancy to communicate better, first it was writing on notepads but quickly tried learning some basic sign language. Since the note pad would get boring too quickly.

Nancy can't explain it, she just can't get her words out and when she can it feels foreign. She only ever with robin which is also rare, she's now more grateful than ever that she's mostly alone at the school paper office.

Or she thought she would be.

She was getting the last few things done and head out, wait for robin to meet up with her. She clings a lot to robin now, she knows but her girlfriend is the only person who makes her feel safe. That she doesn't have to be so on edge all the time, she still is just not as much when she's with her.

She grabs her bag, slightly smiling at the thought of robin waiting for her but she got stopped by some guy who has recently joined the school paper. She doesn't know why he's a total dickhead and seems to have no interest in it whatsoever.

"Hey wheeler" he said.

She sighed and turned around facing him, he had his stupid twisted smirk on his face.

"Give me your number"

Nancy just shook her head, feeling disgusted already but he seemed to not like the rejection.

"Aw come on wheeler, everyone knows you're a freak and doesn't talk" ha laughed, "but hey you got looks"

Nancy shook her head again, walking away when he grabbed her arm.

She tried pulling away but his grip was too hard and she felt herself panicking, where was robin?

"Why do you have to be so difficult" he said not letting go of her.

"P-please let g-go" she whispered in a very quiet voice.

"So you speak ah!" he shouted.

He was going to say something else before he was interrupted.

"Get the fuck away from her!"

He rolled his eyes, "buckley this is none of your business so get back with your freak friends if you have any"

Robin could see the scared look in nancy's eyes and she was so done of constantly seeing people or monsters making that expression in her girlfriend's eyes.

"I said get the fuck off of her" she said pushing him hard.

He stumbled but tried to play it off, getting more angry that he almost got dropped by a push from robin.

"And what the fuck are you going to do about it huh?" he said.

She swung.

He fell.

Nancy looked somewhat impressed but also startled, she never saw robin do anything like this before, well with a human.

"You bitch!" he yelled getting back up, he swing at robin and hit her directly in her cheek and cut her lip.

Nancy. Vecna. Steve. Max. Eddie. Dead. Visions. Nancy.

She didn't know if she would've stopped punching him if steve didn't come to her.

"Robin stop robin" steve said, trying to get her off the guy.

"Let me fucking go steve" she said with venom in her voice.

"Robin stop he got what he deserved but nancy needs you" he said in a whisper.

She whipped her around and saw nancy staring at her, she could see the tremble in her hands.

When steve drove them home, nancy straight away dragged her to the bathroom and started carefully cleaning her face.

"Hey I'm okay" robin said softly, cupping nancy's cheeks before placing a gentle kiss to her lips.

I don't want you to get hurt ,nancy signed with tears streaming down.

"I'm okay darling I promise, he got what he deserved and I'll do it a hundred times to protect you from him and anyone else" she said, smiling.

Nancy giggled a bit, "t-thank you f-"

"It's okay take your time" robin said still with a soft smile, she knows how much it takes for nancy to say anything other than a few words.

"For standing u-up for m-me" she whispered.

Nancy's voice was so small and quiet, you would barely be able to realize she spoke if you didn't pay attention but robin always does.

"I'll do it anytime"