XXIX

"Join?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he sharpened his knife.

Taehyung nodded.

“Me?” He looked from his brother-in-law to his newly shaped knife.

Taehyung nodded again.

“Not Dad? He’s a veteran. The last time I had a new recruit she died on her first mission. I don’t think I’m the one to join, especially during this time.” Jungkook stood up and tucked his knife in the holder inside of his jacket, which was hanging up on a rack. “What’s with new recruits wanting to appear during big projects like this anyway?” Jungkook mumbled.

“Liz can’t possibly be okay with this?” Leo mentioned as he tossed another knife in Jungkook’s direction for him to sharpen.

The other alpha caught the knife with ease and got to sharpening it.

“Uh, well.”

Jungkook and Leo laughed loudly in unison.

“You’re married to a Park omega. You really think he’ll let you join without an extremely long fight?” Jungkook chuckled.

“Hey, he’s lucky though. He’s got the sweeter one. We got the two stubborn ones. Now, if Liz confided in his father and brother, you’re fresh out of luck.”

Taehyung groaned.

“Why do you want to join anyway? You don’t have obligations like me and you’re not a psychopath like Dad.”

“Watch it. You live in my house now,” Leo scowled.

“Riiight.” Jungkook nodded.

"Anyway," Jungkook put the knife away and stood up, "this isn't some club or something. This is an illegal business. We're technically criminals."

"Felons who have never been arrested," Leo sighed with his arms crossed.

"Once you're in—" Leo held Taehyung's shoulder.

"—you can never get out," Jungkook clicked his tongue.

"I know all of that already. I've thought about all of this. I'm not saying put me in the game now. I'm saying… just… think about it?"

Jungkook and Leo looked at each other before groaning knowing exactly what their husbands will say if they find out.

~

Jungkook, Taehyung, and Leo stepped into the house and immediately stopped to see the three omegas standing in front of the door.

Jungkook made eye contact with his husband. Jimin raised an eyebrow with his hip jutted out and his arms crossed. He pulled his hand out and curled his finger, ushering Jungkook to come over to him.

Jungkook's eyes bucked and his hands flew to his chest as he began defending himself.

"I didn't do anything!"

"I know," Jimin grinned as he continued to beckon Jungkook over.

"Honey, honest to God I didn't do anything!" Jungkook continued to defend as he walked over to him.

"Baby, I know," Jimin laughed as he took Jungkook's hand.

"I didn't even say anything! Please, you gotta believe me!"

Jimin just laughed as he pulled Jungkook upstairs by his hand and to their bedroom.

The two alphas watched him get swept away and then they focused back on their own partners.

Halo tilted his head as he looked at his husband and smiled.

"Come on."

Halo turned around and made his way upstairs knowing Leo wasn't far behind.