Chapter 83

Mabel

I knew that the only person I could rely on right now was Jerome. I knew that he was the only one who could save me right now. There is no way I won't be killed by Erica, but I knew that she might want to reconsider her actions if Jerome were here. I knew that calling him out might not be the best option, but that's the only thing I can resort to right now. He is the only one who can save me. I knew that there was no way Alpha Otis would want to get involved in all of this. I knew that he had warned me not to get caught, and getting caught is dangerous.

I have no idea that Erica knew about the whole thing all along, and she had the idea that I would drug him. I feel like she was being too extreme on me after they had set me up. I knew that if I was to escape from all this, I would have to use Jerome's help. He is the only one that can be of help to me right now. I knew that if I was to trust or believe in Alpha Otis, then things might get scarier than I thought.

I knew that he had told me that he might save me or might not, but seeing the change and the look of things, I knew there was no way he would be saving me. I knew that it would be hard for him to save him, especially because he had set me up. I don't know why I still had some faith in him that he might save me, but I knew that was all a lie since he set me up. I knew that even if I wasn't killed by Erica, then those who were present would kill me, and I was scared about it, but I tried hard to hide it.

"Jerome, you need to be fast." I urged him to come as quickly as he could so that I wouldn't be killed. I was scared, and sweat kept dripping down my body as my body shook vigorously. I was shocked at how my body was reacting, but I knew that nothing could stop it from reacting like that. It wasn't my intention to be caught, but there is nothing I can do about it anymore.

"Stop!!" I heard Jerome's voice say, "I just felt the tip of the sword touch my skin." I felt my body freeze with shock as I opened my eyes. I could see my blood at the tip of the sword, and I couldn't help but feel sad about the whole thing.

I was glad that he came just in time to stop her from decapitating my head. I was glad he came into that picture at the right time, but I still suffered some minor injuries from the sword, and I knew I would be healed completely within an hour. I knew that I might have somehow managed to cheat death now, but I knew that wouldn't be possible forever. I knew that Erica wouldn't want to let me live like this, as she would want to go by her principles.

I knew that I should not be afraid of death anymore, but I am. It felt like things were turning against me, and I knew that if not for Jerome, I would have been dead by now and everything would have turned to history. I was glad that he still managed to stand up for me even after everything. I was glad that he didn't change like others would have done. I knew that I had wanted to kill him earlier, but he didn't wish me death in the same way I had wanted him dead. I knew that I had a chance to turn myself in, but I was too blinded with anger to know about that. I knew that it wouldn't be easy to get things done for everyone, but I also knew that if I managed to escape from here, I would work my butt off to repay the favors of the person who had saved me.

I knew that the person most likely to save me is none other than Jerome. I knew that he would be considerate enough of me to let me off the hook. I will be glad for that, but I knew that might be impossible. I knew that if it was to be Jerome alone, then I would live, but seeing Erica, who wanted me dead, made me fearful. I knew that the head of the werewolf council wouldn't be here to help me since I was about to be killed. It is late already, and I might get killed any minute from now.

I knew that there was little Jerome could do to save me. I knew that it would be hard for him to save me alone, and it would have been easy if Alpha Otis would appear right now, but I knew that he wouldn't be showing up. I don't know why I decided to accept Alpha Otis's offer. I knew that I would still be in the MH pack, living peacefully, if Alpha Otis didn't come into the picture.

"We need to talk," Erica said, and she gave the sword to one of the guards. I felt my seized breath that I don't know I have been holding in for a while now leave my nostril peacefully.

I knew that Erica was going to talk him into letting her kill me. I knew that if I were Erica, I would have killed her by now. I knew that there was no way I would allow someone who had poisoned my friend to go freely, and that's what Erica was going to do. I knew that he would be talked into killing me, and even though I knew that might not be true, I knew it might come through. I don't want something like that to happen.

After what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes, Erica walked out of the house they had both walked into, and she walked up to me with a smirk on her face.

"I will continue from where I stopped," I heard her say, and I felt my body freeze with shock, not knowing what to do.

Erica collected the sword from the guard. I knew that there is no way I'm cheating death this time and with that I closed my eyes waiting impatiently for her to kill me.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰