Chapter 57

Jerome

I stared at the alpha in front of me trying not to show my fears. My body was filled with fear and I was glad that I was able to hold myself from shivering. It looks like this would be the end of me. This is more than I think. I felt my eyes getting cloudy but I tried hard to hold it in. I could feel nervousness seeping through my body system. I stared at Erica who gave me a thumb up. I was glad that I had someone like her. I was glad that she didn't leave me even after knowing that the chance of me winning in this duel is ten percent.

I knew that she had hope in me that I would be able to win against my opponents and I prayed that I would be able to. I felt my breath hitch as I remembered her words of encouragement which she said to me right before I entered the ring. I know that things won't go as easy as I want but I'm ready to do anything to win the duel. No one would be stopping me from getting what I want. I would make sure I win. I have the urge to strive hard to win. I felt the need to be the winner. I felt that there is nothing I can do to make Erica happy other than for me to win and that would be exactly what I would do.

I will make sure that I win and that is because I want to be with Erica. I want to be with her for the rest of my life, I want her to be the mother of my unborn child. I knew this isn't the right place to say all this. I knew that I should also have the right to be with my mate not under one person. I couldn't help but wish that I was able to contact my wolf. I knew that all this wouldn't have happened if I had my wolf in the first place. I knew that I felt the mating bond and all sorts but this would have been avoided if my wolf was with me.

I would have felt the mate bond, and it would have made me closer to her. I felt my eyes getting cloudy but I'm not going to let the tears fall freely from my eyes without resistance. I would make sure that I was neither with my mate nor because of anybody. This was the first time I would be feeling this down since the duel started. I knew that I wasn't happy with the decisions of the werewolf council but that had nothing to do with being depressed but instead I was striving hard to win the duel but me coming to the end of the duel made things worse.

I wonder what would happen if I lost my mate to the fellow in front of me. I would never be able to forgive myself and all I can do is that I should not give up. I would make sure that no matter what my opponent did, I would find ways for me to stay inside the ring and I'm sure that he would also be interested in killing me since I didn't give up. I know what I want and I'm wishing for isn't something good but there is nothing I can do about it.

I charged toward alpha Ryder readily after knowing that there was no way I would win it. I keep calm like before. I knew that he wouldn't be expecting me to attack and that was what I would do. I slid on the floor wanting to punch his stomach but he ducked sideways. I stood up immediately knowing that he might attack from nowhere. I charged toward him again with a fake punch which he saw through. He punched my mouth and I felt blood seeping into my mouth.

My eyes turned red with anger and I charged toward him again speedily with an angry look on my face. I punched his stomach but he doesn't seem to feel it. I kicked him in his groin and he groaned in pain while I punched his jaws. He staggered backwards while glaring daggers at me. I charged at him with full force hoping to attack him but what happened next shocked me to my bone marrow. I was called by Alpha Ryder who wasted no time punching me angrily.

He grabbed me and he threw me away but not too far to throw me out of the ring. I crashed on the floor with pains all over my body. I could feel the need to submit to my loss immediately but I have made up my mind not to give up. I knew that Erica wouldn't be happy with the fact that I gave up so easily. I knew that she wasn't going to be angry with me but I feel like I haven't done anything yet. I feel like I owe her. I feel like me winning this duel and not giving up easily is the only way to pay her back.