Chapter 27

COUNCIL MEETING

There were twelve men sitting in a room; the room was a little cozy. There in the room are the twelve councils of werewolves. They are in charge of taking care of the pack's matters. They are in charge, and whatever they say must come to pass, and if anyone tries to disobey them, the person who tried to disobey them would be killed. The door of the room was locked heavily, and the cozy features of the room made it more lively. There were various things hanging on the wall, ranging from artificials to portraits, but among all of them, one would catch one's attention immediately.

The portrait was that of the last legendary mage lycanthrope. The portrait was standing in all its glory, and not only that, there was a statue of the same man in the room. The portrait seems to be radiating energy, which circulated all over the room. There was a portrait of another man whose eyes were fierce and could send fear down the spine of anyone who stared into them. The portrait of the man was placed on the wall behind a throne. The portrait was of the lycanthrope who was killed decades ago by an unknown person.

The throne in front of the portrait belongs to the last man who was in the portrait; the throne is now occupied by a member of the council. The person seated on the throne was looking down at the others who were also seated on thrones that were lower than his. The man is the leader of the councils of werewolves; the man's name is Alpha Otis. He is the alpha of one of the most powerful packs in the country, but his pack can't be compared to Alpha Erica's pack. People don't know why the leader of the council's pack is not as strong as that of Erica's, but it is still a mystery to everyone, including Alpha Otis. Alpha Otis had taken over the place as leader of the werewolf council after the leader's death. He wasn't happy with the death of the former alphaz, but he was made the leader of the councils because he was the right-hand man of the council leader.

"I called you all here to talk about the rumors going around," Alpha Otis stated calmly, and his voice carried authority. His auras were so strong that it almost made them all crumble to their feet worshipping him. The room was in silence, and he glanced at each of their faces, wanting to know if they were keeping up with what he was saying.

"Alpha Erica had found her mate weeks ago, but there is something that isn't clear, and that is if her mate is going to accept her," alpha Otis added with his eyes shimmering. He has a glimpse of happiness in his eyes.

"What do you think about her mate?" he asked again while staring at each of them with curiosity written in his eyes.

He had a glint of mischievousness in his eyes as he stared at the men who were seated below him. His throne was facing them, and he stared at each of them carefully. He was inspecting each of them with his eyes, not leaving any single detail behind.

"Her mate isn't serious because he had always wanted her to reject him, but now he wants to be with her." "He must be after power," one of the Alphas said, and they all nodded in understanding.

"Yes, he is right." Her mate isn't someone we can trust with Alpha Erica. "You know she is an important alpha aside from us," an alpha who had been sitting down quietly said, and they all nodded their heads.

"I heard he broke off the engagement he had with his fiance to be with Erica. Someone like him who doesn't think twice before breaking off his engagement is capable of doing more to her; his intentions are bad, and it's hard to decipher," an alpha said, and they all nodded their heads, knowing that what he had said earlier is true.

This isn't like some kinds of meetings they had always had, but this was a different matter. They were all summoned by Alpha Otis to discuss what they would do about the matter. They knew that since she was the only female alpha in the country, she needed to be protected.

If she were to be a male, all this meeting wouldn't have been conducted; they had it in their minds that she was a lady and that all ladies tend to do things irrationally when they are emotional, and they thought that she was no exception.

They would have let it happen without their consent, but because of the way her boyfriend had behaved, they find it hard to let that get away. They knew that someone like her mate, who is an omega, would be after power, and not only that he would not be able to protect her.

"How do we know his true intentions?" one of them asked, and they all turned to look at Alpha Otis with a questioning look on their faces. They knew that was right and that he had always hated her. All this was unknown to Erica; she doesn't know that the councils were aware of what she had always said.

"You know he is nobody in his former pack and his intentions would be nothing but to get power and fame," Alpha Otis said, and they all nodded their heads in support of what he had said.

"What do you all suggest we do, since you all agreed that he is after the power she has?" Alpha Otis said, and they all sighed heavily before one of them decided to speak up.

"He needs to be put to the test since no one knows his true intentions," one of them said.

"I would prefer if his mate would be strong instead of testing if his intentions are right." He won't be able to protect her if he isn't strong," Alpha Otis said, and they all nodded.

"Why don't you let there be a duel? A duel that would make whomever wins her chosen mate and also the alpha of her pack," an alpha said, and they nodded their heads in understanding.

"The duel would be between her pack members and her mate?" Alpha Otis said so in a questioning manner while staring at them.

He knew that some of the councils would want to partake in the duel, and that was what he wanted. He wasn't willing to let Erica's mate, who was an omega, be with her. He couldn't bear to see that, and that was because he didn't want to see her get hurt.

"Alpha's from other packs can partake in the duel, and you guys can partake as well; all I want for her is to be safe, as well as her pack," I said, and they all nodded their heads happily.

I knew that they were all happy about what I had said, and I knew that they all wanted to be mates with someone as good as her. And not only that, but because she is an incredible woman, who wouldn't want to be her mate?

"You should send all what we had said to all other packs and most especially to Erica's pack. You should make sure that her mate gets to know about it. If he is only after her power he would back down immediately," Alpha Otis said.

"We are done with today's meeting, you can all leave," he said and they all bowed their head slightly before waking out of the room, and same with alpha Otis.

After they were all gone, a man came inside the room and he smirked evilly while walking up to a portrait which was hanging on the wall.

"It's just a matter of time, all my plans would set and that would happen with the help of the councils" the man said as he laughed.

The man was wearing all back with his mouth covered with same black clothes, there was nothing left uncovered except his hazel blue eyes. One would know he was a man because of the way he was dressed. He stared at the throne in front of him with a dreamy smile on his face.

"The throne would be mine!!" the man exclaimed with a smile on his face.

He walked up to the statue which stood gallantly in the middle of room, he ran his hands on the statue which glow more brightly.

The man walked out of the room and after a while alpha Otis came into the room while staring around the place with a frown on his face. He had forgotten to lock the door if he council meeting room and he feel like somone was inside the room earlier before him. He shrugged it off his mind and he walked out of the room not forgetting to lock the door.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰