Chapter 92.

France, the race that is supposed to be one of the happier weekends of the summer, simply was not. Evie had finally come back to Europe after finishing up some projects in America. She had to go back of course, because her career wasn't put on hold. She could continue.

She had gone straight to Milan to stay with Pierre before going to France for the race, so I met her when we arrived there. Charles drove us down there and I was incredibly uncomfortable when we arrived, because there simply isn't much space for me with a leg that needs to be held straight all the time. The day after, I spent time with Evie at the hotel while everyone else was at the paddock.

I listened to all her stories about what she had done since I went home. She seemed so excited and I wanted to be a good friend, so I pretended I was excited to hear about it all, but all I actually felt was envy. While she had been living her dream, that had been my dream as well, I had been in my bed feeling uncomfortable and sad. I had cried so much and I had felt how life lost its meaning. But I couldn't tell her to stop talking. Because it's not her fault that this happened to me.

On Friday, we sat in the shade where we wouldn't have to move around a lot. It was an inconvenience to everyone each time I wanted to move. Not because I really needed their help, but they all freaked out with every little movement I made, thinking I was going to get hurt. It frustrated me on levels reaching up to space, because I felt like there were people around me all the time and I was getting claustrophobic.

"Evelina, Céline," Christian Horner said when he walked up to us, "Nice to see you both back here," he added when he stood behind one of the chairs around the table.

"You don't actually think that," Evie replied with a shake of her head. Christian neither confirmed nor denied that, but he just dumped two envelopes with our names nicely written on them onto the table.

"You've been served," he said and put his hands behind his back.

I grabbed the envelope and started to open it, "New career, Christian? I knew team principal wouldn't be right for you," I said with a joking tone as I pulled a card out of the envelope.

He scoffed and then mocked the way I had pronounced team principal with my French accent, and then he rolled his eyes. I smiled to myself at my own comment, and then I focused on the card, seeing an invitation to Geri's 50th birthday party. Out of shock I looked up at Christian.

"A little bird told her that you were a Spice Girls fan as a child, and that's enough to score you an invite," he informed me as his body language told us that he was getting ready to walk away from us already. "Might also be because she invited all the young people she could think of to not feel so bad about turning 50," he added before walking away again.

I looked at the date and saw that it was in just over two weeks away and would be held in England. I had a plus one which I assume is in case I'd like to bring Charles. But the best part was that I would get my cast off two days before the party and therefore could easily attend and not be a burden to anyone.

"Are you going?" Evie asked me after a while of me staring at the card in awe, as if it was one of the greatest things I have ever laid my eyes on. "I'm not going unless you are, I'd feel too awkward," she added.

I wasn't sure if I could go or not, because I'd have to check with Charles if he wanted to come or if he had anything planned for us. I also had to make sure I would really get my cast off that week, and hope to God that there's no complication and that it's healing properly. But hearing Evie say that she wouldn't go without me was ridiculous.

"Don't be silly," I replied, "You'd have Pierre, Yuki and Max there as well," I added, thinking she probably invited the whole Red Bull community.

"Yeah, because they're my first choice when it comes to partying with the Spice Girls," she said in heavy sarcasm as she rolled her eyes.