Chapter 75

When February came, and Charles and I had really settled into the new apartment, it was time for us to split up and go do different things. Weeks of waking up next to him and spending everyday in our own place. Cooking together, eating together, sleeping together, showering together and watching movies together. I wasn't even bothered just sitting in his little boy room when he was playing games with Lando, George and Alex. They didn't mind me just hanging out in the background either.

It was getting closer and closer to pre-season testing, so Charles had to go prepare in Maranello. It was also time for Evie and I's first competition together. We had gotten our costumes, we had planned everything out and we made sure the choreography was as good as it was going to get.

The competition took place in Cannes, south of France, so we traveled down there a few days before the competition to get some time to relax before it was time to get on the floor and compete. I wanted Evie, who obviously was nervous, to not stress too much about it and relax so that she won't overthink it to the point where she's too stressed to do a good job. But the competition is for fun, so I couldn't take it too seriously either.

We checked into the hotel, took a day off to look around the city and have some dinner at a nice restaurant. We went and watched a movie and had fun without even mentioning the competition all day. Though, people were attending the competition and Evie is quite popular. We both were before I apparently turned into a backstabbing snake who's disgusting for 'supporting incest' since they apparently look too alike for me to be allowed to love Charles because that makes it disgusting. Growing up together obviously didn't make it better.

Some people were lovely about it, defending me a lot online and showing love under the Instagram post Charles did. I still didn't look too much though, I just ended up in a bad mood.

But Evie got a lot of attention at some of the places we went. They wanted her to tell her brother or Pierre things. Some people wanted her to tell Charles things, even though I was right there. I can't say I blame them too much either, considering I try to seem as invisible as possible whenever people come up to her.

The day before the competition we went to the gym at the hotel and we just quickly worked through our choreography there by the mirror, there was enough space and empty enough to just let us get through it. After that we went to the venue where the competition was held. The younger age group's competition was that day, so I took her to watch it to see if she'd get her head back into the mindspace she had while competing at that age.

On the way out, I was stopped by someone. There was a light hand on my shoulder and when I turned, I saw the woman who had talked to me in Monaco. The coach who wanted to find someone to coach in Nice. I had told her that I was committed to my partner only days before announcing I wasn't going to partner with him anymore, so the guilt planted into my stomach.

"Hi, Céline, I thought that was you," She said with a smile, "we talked in Monaco."

"I remember," I told her, even though I couldn't remember her name. "You're here coaching?" I asked, but she shook her head and narrowed her eyes a little bit as she looked at me.

"No, I'm just here to watch," she started, "looking for some new talent, I took some time off to deal with the move. Are you here to compete?" She asked and I nodded, stepping aside and motioning at Evie who waved lightly.

"Yes, I'm here with my best friend, Evelina," I said and the coach nodded. God I wish I could remember her name.

"Right, you broke it off with your partner," she nodded and I had to take a deep breath as I tried to figure out what to say to her. She obviously saw it and now is making sure I feel guilty about it.