Chapter 15

(pro tip: listen to lights - Ellie Goulding during Rounders, such a vibe)

Evie went with Max and I went with Arthur and Charles for the night, all we did was go to our room to both change into pajamas. I don't know what kind of plans they had for the evening but after the conversation I had with Charles, I missed Jules a lot. I'm so damn jealous about her relationship with her brother because I used to have it and now I don't anymore. I wish I could have him back.

The three of us met up again in Charles' room. He was on the phone with their mother as I came over. When he opened the door, he announced my arrival into the phone and then shoved the phone to my ear. Pascale began asking all these questions. Am I okay? Am I having a good time? Is there too much pressure? I told her not to worry and then shoved the phone back to Charles.

Arthur came over too and we all got together on Charles' bed. Charles leaned back against the headboard, Arthur laid on his side at the end of the bed and I sat criss-cross on the side of the bed. We agreed to play some cards, but we forgot how competitive we can get with each other.

There was yelling, there was hitting, there was eye-rolling, defending, attacking — all of it. We insisted the others were cheating, we tried to sneak glances at each other's cards. We throw them at each other and we distract each other. Just a normal card game for us.

After an hour of this, Charles got sick of me accusing him of cheating — which he totally was, by the way. So he kicked me off the bed and I landed with a big thud on the floor, whining from the pain. Both him and Arthur were laughing hysterically at me while I struggle to get up. When I got back on the bed, I gave him the finger and glanced back down at my cards. I felt something by my waist and I flinched from the tickle. Charles is using his stupid foot to tickle me so I slap it and shove it away.

"Dégoûtant, enlève ce pied de moi," Disgusting, take that foot off me, I tell him with a grimace.

Someone knocks on the door and I stand up from the bed to get away from them. But since the other person is probably expecting Charles, he stands up too. He shakes his head at me to tell me to sit down but I begin rushing towards the door, now out of pure curiosity. He wraps one arm around my waist and lifts me off the ground, walks me over to the bed and puts me down again before rushing to the door. I rush after him to see who it is and when it opens it's Pierre. I sigh out of disappointment. I love Pierre, but I just thought it would be someone a little more interesting.

"Je ne savais pas que tu étais ici," I didn't know you were here, he says while he looks at me in shock.

"Arthur est là aussi," Arthur is here too, I'm quick to point out as I feel like I need to defend being in Charles' room. He looked so surprised to see me that I just felt pressured to have a valid reason for being here.

Pierre nods and walks into the room, "C'est décevant," That's disappointing, he says and I furrow my brows while my eyes follow him into the room. "Je pensais que tu serais avec Evie, où est-elle?" I thought you'd be with Evie, where is she?

"Avec Max je crois," With Max I believe, I shrug.

"Je m'ennuie," I'm bored, he states and I shrug again because what the hell are we supposed to do about that? It's late and we've all changed into pajamas. We haven't exactly planned on going anywhere, "J'espérais que toi et Evie feriez quelque chose que vous ne devriez pas." I was hoping you and Evie would do something you shouldn't.

Charles gives him a look, because of course Charles doesn't like when Evie and I do things we shouldn't because that could get him into trouble. Pierre shrugs and then turns to me with an expectant look.

"Que voulez-vous que je fasse? Je ne suis pas avec elle, je ne peux pas juste l'invoquer." What do you want me to do? I'm not with her, I can't just summon her.

"Je pense que tu peux," I think you did, Arthur says from the bed behind me, handing me my vibrating phone. I take a look at the screen and see Evie's name. I give Pierre a pissed look, not that he's the one calling but it feels like he's ruining my calm night. But I answered the phone.

"Hello sweetie," I say.

"Hi darling," She replies, "What are you doing?"

"I'm considering my life choices in Charles' room, why?"

"Do you want to come with us to the track?" she asks and I furrow my brows, looking over at the clock on Charles' nightstand. It's almost midnight. I then glance at Charles who looks worried, Pierre who looks hopeful and Arthur who is getting out of bed.

"It's nearly midnight," I tell her.

"Yeah, which means no one's there, we wanna play baseball," she says and I just know that Pierre is going to love this idea and Charles is only going to agree because Max already has. Arthur will come because we're not complete without him. I sigh and close my eyes.

"Sure, where are you?" I ask and I hear her squeal and say something to Max next to her. I think I hear him sigh which means she probably struggled to convince him.

"In the car outside the hotel, we'll wait for you in the parking lot," she says and I tell her okay before we hang up. I look at the three faces in front of me, knowing Pierre is going to start fistbumping the air or something.

"Allez'' Come on, I sigh, heading for the door, "Elle et Max attendent en bas, on va à la piste." Her and Max are waiting downstairs, we're going to the track.

As expected, Charles starts asking questions. Is Max okay with this? What are we doing there? You're not going to pull some prank on us right? And Pierre is over the moon, jumping around like a kid even though he's tall and looks a bit kangaroo at the moment. Arthur is as excited as a milk package, indifferent about any plans made involving our trio. He has learned that it's better to just go with the flow without asking questions.

"Je vais juste aller dans ma chambre et prendre un pull," I'll just go to my room and grab a sweater, I tell them. I begin to walk towards our room, but Pierre grabs my arm and pulls me along down the hallway and back to Charles' room.

"Non, tu vas prendre trop de temps," You're gonna take too long, he says and my mouth just falls open while my eyes widen. I am in a literal tank top, what is he expecting me to do? It's literally midnight!

"Qu'est-ce que tu veux dire par "prendre trop de temps"?!" What the fuck do you mean 'take too long'?" I whisper yell at him to not wake the others on the floor.

"Je veux y aller!" I want to go! he says while jumping up and down.

"Je ne veux pas mourir de froid, Pierre Gasly!" I don't want to freeze to death, Pierre Gasly! I say, turning around to walk away again. I am determined to get that sweater, but he grabs both my arms and pulls me backward until I fall back and he's holding me up by my arms.

"Arthur, prends les jambes," Grab her legs, he orders Arthur who runs over and grabs my ankles and lifts me up. I gasp at the betrayal from my best friend and then they begin nearly running towards the elevators. Pierre looks over his shoulder, "Charles, donne un sweat à capuche à C!" Give C a hoodie! he says.

We hear a door opening in the hallway and both Arthur and Pierre stop when they see who it is. I try to look over my shoulder at who it is, but I can't see it. They look like they've been busted and therefore I am terrified to know who just opened the door.

"Is she drunk?" I hear Seb asking them.

"No," Pierre says innocently. The fucker is far from innocent, who the hell does he think he is? My arms are going to detach from my body after this.

"Very well, then," Seb says before he closes the door again. Damn it, I should've yelled. I can't believe I'm being dragged down a hallway by a literal Frenchman. So embarrassing.

They stop at the elevators and drop me to the floor. I get up and I brush myself off, nearly crying from the pain in my arms. For a moment I just stand and catch my breath, but then I start hitting Pierre's arm repeatedly. He just laughs as he tries to dodge my hits. Charles steps between us and then hands me a hoodie of his. I know he's worn it recently because the cologne smell on it is still strong enough to make an imprint on my senses for the rest of this year.

I put the hoodie on as we walk outside and it falls right above my mid-thigh. It's a simple black hoodie. He's grabbed one for himself as well. Pierre is rushing us all outside and then he has the audacity to call shotgun. Charles is driving, since there is no chance in hell he's going to let Pierre drive the Alfa Romeo he's been given for this race.

Evie gets out of the car and smiles excitedly at us, "We have actual balls and bats this time," she says and I light up in excitement. Finding stuff is always the hardest part about playing sports at the track. Football is the only thing they have stuff for playing over there and that's just boring.

She skips up to us and hugs me and Arthur, totally ignoring Charles and Pierre, which they both act offended about, but Pierre doesn't let it slide. He grabs her shoulder and pulls her in.

"Hello," he emphasizes the whole word to really make sure that she heard him. His head was right above hers and I don't think she's deaf, but... okay.

"Hi," She mutters, before pulling away and coming back over to us, "We're waiting for Lewis, Carlos, and Daniel. Seb was too tired... Maybe Nico, probably Nico to be honest, since Daniel is coming and they're a package deal at the moment..."

"Seb asked if I was drunk," I say, staring at Arthur with my brows furrowed, "he asked if I was drunk and then left me high and dry with Arthur and Pierre violating my human rights to get my own shirts."

"The audacity of these men..." she sighs while shaking her head. She puts a hand on my shoulder and I fake cry while Arthur just scoffs and rolls his eyes at us. We both slap him for that. The audacity... it's never been worse.

"You invited the whole paddock?" Arthur asks, raising his eyebrows, "How did they even agree to that? Why are they awake?"

"That is far from the whole paddock," I shake my head.

"And they're awake from jet lag, they're still used to being in Canada," Evie says as if it was something obvious.

One by one, they come downstairs. Nico and Daniel come downstairs together and they do seem like a package deal, they've been doing that a lot lately it seems. I'm a bit bummed about Seb not coming with us, but I guess him and Kimi are a package deal too and if Kimi isn't going then Seb isn't either. The old Ferrari drivers, those too.