Chapter 21

𝓦𝓔 ended up out by the pool again. I had rolled up Bucky's sweatpants, dangling my feet in the warm water. Bucky and Steve sat next to me on either side, giving me a little bit of room.

"Did you know you were human?" Bucky asked softly.

"No. I had no memories." I whispered, kicking my feet a little.

"Will you accept the bond?" Steve asked eagerly. I could see the tattoo of the dagger surrounded by flowers pulsing on his arm, flashing white and then back to its normal inky black.

I did not answer, not sure of my answer. I did not want to lose my Father, Uncle, and Grandparents when I had only just gotten them back. On the other hand, I did really want this. I wanted their love, which I knew- though flawed- would make me extremely happy.

"What about Nat and the blond girl?" I asked softly. "Even if I left, you could still have them."

"We don't want them." Bucky said fiercely. "They were just for fun until we found our other third- until we found you."

"We said even if our soulmate rejected us, we would never be with another after finding her." Steve said softly. "So now that we've found you, we would never be with them, even after you left, if you leave."

"Please don't leave." Bucky begged. "We've been waiting for you for ninety years."

That really wasn't much longer than I had been waiting for them. I had been waiting for them for seven hundred years, being only seven hundred and ten years old. I was a rather young one. That was part of the reason Thor and Loki were so worried about me being with these humans. If they died as their age, I would live a long time with the pain.

I glanced over at Bucky. He was holding his breath, waiting for a proclamation from me. I smiled a little. "Well, I've already loved you for a while now."

Bucky breathed out, his hand trailing around to the back of my head. "Please let me kiss you?"

"You may."

Bucky pulled me in very quickly, his lips making mine give way to his from the force. He tasted bitter, like the coffee he'd been drinking, but also sweet, a slight vanilla taste from the donut. My fingers carded through his hair, the silk strands delicate in my touch.

I could feel his hands gripping me tightly around the waist, not wanting to let go of me, before he pulled back slowly, leaning so that our foreheads touched. "I love you."

I blushed at the thought, cuddling into his chest. "I love you too."

Even if my love had been different as a cat. But I had always loved these humans, the ones that took care of me. I knew they would still take care of me.

Steve was mostly quiet until Bucky was ready to let me go- which wasn't for quite a few minutes. Finally, Bucky's arms loosened around me, kissing me again, before giving me a slight turn to face Steve.

Steve's bottom lip was still being gnawed on from worry. His blue eyes were hesitant and the golden light from the sun streamed in through the loose strands of his blond hair, giving me a literal reason as to why Steve Rogers was the 'golden boy'. "Steve?"

He looked at me completely, looking at my outstretched hand for a moment. He blinked a few times, as though he'd been lost in thought and I had dragged him back into reality. He reached forward to grab it, before pulling me onto his lap.

I straddled him as he kissed me, and he was different from Bucky. His lips were softer, shaping against mine. I could taste a different sort of creamy vanilla and also tartness of strawberries and lemon. His bottom tongue swiped mine, and I let him in.