Chapter 6

𝓜𝓨 two new friends woke up at the crack of dawn, got dressed, and went out the door. They left it open a crack so that I could get out if I wanted to. I decided to continue to sleep lazily on their pillows- which were very nice and soft and tearable.

I scratched at them a little bit, but they weren't really good for my claws. They just tore very easily. I would have to find something harder to scratch.

An hour or so later when they didn't come back, I leapt down from the bed and padded over to the litter box that wasn't there last night and did my business, scraping more litter over my business, before I hopped out of the box and padded out of the room.

I found the metal box again and yowled. The doors seemed to slide open without any question and I walked inside.

I waited and the doors closed and went down. They opened again and I padded out and down a familiar hallway, finding myself in the kitchen.

"Hi Blizzard." Sam said cheerfully, being the first to notice me.

"Hi." I mewed softly, leaning back on my haunches before launching myself up onto the bar stool, and then leaping up onto the table.

"Well damn, she's got some strong back legs." The man named Clint said.

"Munchkin cats have unusually strong legs. She could jump from the floor to the top of the refrigerator in one bound when she reaches her full age." The robot voice said.

All of the eyes in the kitchen just looked at me.

"Well damn." Clint said again.

What kind of name was Clint? Seriously, what was wrong with these people?

I padded over to Pepper and asked, "Where is Tony?"

Pepper petted me and said, "I bet she's hungry. Do you guys have cat food?'

"Not yet." Sam said, going into the cold box and pulling out some small strips of chicken and put a small bowl of milk down in front of me as well. "Bruce reckons after we spoil her like this, she won't even eat cat food."

He would be right.

"But they have things like canned tuna and other canned meats for cats." Pepper said, "Maybe those will be good for her."

"We'll probably try them." Bruce said down at the end of the table. He looked very tired. I wondered how much sleep he got. I also wondered how much sleep Tony got.

Tony suddenly walked into the kitchen and I noticed right away that he looked much better than yesterday. He looked like he had gotten lots and lots of sleep.

He sat down next to Pepper.

"Well you slept well." Pepper grinned, almost like they had a secret between the two of them.

"Well I was just so exhausted after last nights activities." Tony murmured, leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

"Not at the dinner table." Bruce said.

"Give me more details." Sam said with a grin.

"Shut up." Tony said defensively.

Pepper just laughed kindly, getting up to grab more breakfast. I sniffed at the strange food when she sat back down. It seemed wheaty and there something that smelled very sweet and sickly, like maple maybe.

"Nope, you can't have these Blizzard." Tony said, pushing me so that my paws slid across the slick counter so that I was away from Pepper's plate.

"Yes I can. I do what I want." I meowed at him.