Chapter 12

𝓘 stood up on my paws, watching a fast metal thing come towards me, almost slowly.

I watched as Tony lunged forward, grabbing eyepatches arm, jerking it sideways. The other Avengers pushed past them, filling the room.

I felt my fur puff up as the metal thing came to close to my body. A blue energy emitted from my body and the bullet disintegrated into dust particles.

I hissed, getting to my paws. Now I wasn't just sad, lonely, and tired. I was pissed off and full of rage. Who did this man think he was? What had he been trying to do to me?

"What the hell Fury?" Bucky asked, coming over to pick me up. I hissed at him, backing away.

Tony was looking at the ground, before bending down to pick up the princess scraps. He almost looked hurt. I didn't know why.

"Blizzard, it's okay." Steve said gently.

"We have to take her in." The man that Bucky called Fury and Tony called eyepatch said, striding towards me.

"For what?" Bucky asked defensively.

"Tests. Maybe you're blind Mr. Barnes, but she just emitted a blue energy from her body and disintegrated a bullet. Aren't you curious to know what she is and why she's here?" Fury asked.

None of them answered. My fur was standing on end.

"She's a kitten." Tony said softly.

"Is she really?" Fury scoffed. "Because the last time I saw a cat with supernatural powers, I lost an eye. So excuse me if I want to bring her in for testing."

What was testing?

"We can do all of that here." Tony said.

"Pardon me for the harsh assumption, but I don't think you could actually put her through the tests Mr. Stark." Fury said, his hands behind his back. The gun was back in his holster.

Maybe I should run away.

Maybe that would solve everything for everyone.

Including myself.

I leapt down from the table, scampering straight for the door. Quicker than I could have anticipated, the pirate man had kicked the door shut. I skidded to a stop, smashing into the door and tumbled backwards.

I quickly scampered to my feet before the man picked me up in his hands.

"You came prepared." Bruce noted as Fury carried me over to the table.

"Maria Hill warned me there was a cat in the building. Of course I came prepared." Fury said. He didn't let me go and I couldn't see what they were talking about. "Not to mention, Romanoff warned me that there was a spy in the building. You all know this. The information given to us correlates with the same time you got the cat."

"You think the cat is a spy?" Clint asked incredulously and Tony scoffed.

"Has she shown any signs of intelligence? Any signs that she understands more than you think a kitten could?"

"Yes." Pepper said, speaking up now. She had only just come down, now wearing a white dress that didn't pass her knees. "When she thought James was cheating on Steve with Natasha, she was mean to Bucky until they told her about soulmates."

Fury gave the others a pointed look. "Human intelligence in a cat."

"She is not the spy." Steve said with a frown.

"You wouldn't understand." Fury said. "You weren't there before. A cat with human intelligence or supernatural powers, isn't a cat at all. Instead, they are what the Skrulls call, Flerkens. She has shown both supernatural powers and human intelligence. You can't pretend you're not interested in what is wrong with her."