Chapter 4

𝓦𝓔 were in a room that I recognized as a kitchen. It was much larger than the one at Tommy and Billy's home. It had more chairs and more appliances. A very large refrigerator which was where yummy things were kept. It was filled with delicious smells and the red head from before was already cooking something that smelled good.

"What are you cooking today Nat?" Bucky asked as he put me down on the counter, going over to the big black box of coldness, and pulling out something yellow. He set some of it down in front of me.

I sniffed at it tentatively, biting into a small piece of it. It wasn't as good as the bread, but it had a nice, light taste to it and I ate the rest of it, before looking back up at Bucky.

"Now where is my fish I've been promised?"

Bucky just smiled at me, petting me.

Steve, Sam, the girl named Gnat, and another dark man were roaming the kitchen now, passing food out on plates. Bucky was setting down glasses filled with delicious milk.

I padded over to one of the glasses when Steve turned his back, sticking my nose in it, and started to lap it up.

"Aww here Blizzard." Steve said, getting a bowl and pouring the rest of my milk into it. He put the glass in the sink before grabbing another one to pour himself some milk.

"When'd we get a cat?" The black man said. He didn't have much hair, but he seemed fit. I didn't like him much though. He smelled like a black lab.

"Today." Bucky said, putting something from the stove onto a small plate and putting it in front of me.

It was rich smelling, though very hot and I decided to wait a moment. Was this fish?

"Is this fish?"

"Nat made you some salmon, I hope you like it." Bucky said.

"So it's not fish?" I asked.

"Does she even understand you?" The black man asked.

Sam laughed, "Hey Rhodes, we all know you talk to Ash like that."

Who in their right mind named their kid Road?

Tony and Bruce came up out of the lab to join us for breakfast. Bruce and Road had a conversation together while Tony sat next to me, petting me mostly while drinking a cup of coffee. I noticed that he got no food and I graciously patted my plate so that some of my Salmon sat in front of him.

"Want to share?" I asked.

Tony smiled a little, "What kind of fish is this Steve?"

"Salmon." Steve replied. "I think she likes it."

"Good." Tony said, scratching my head and eating a small piece of it.

"Have you gotten anything off the cameras yet?" Bucky asked. He seemed very interested in what happened to me and I was glad. I hoped that they could track down my owner so that they could find Billy and Tommy. I hoped they would protect them since I couldn't.

"Not yet. She's working on my main project yet. But she's hacking the cameras on the side. I should have the surveillance early tomorrow morning. And I'll let you know the minute she gets it." Tony said nonchalantly.

"Sounds fair." Sam said with a shrug.

Good. So by tomorrow, they would see evil owner toss me into the cold lake. Then. . . then they would find evil man and I would scratch him with my claws!

"What are we doing today?" Bucky asked, picking up his dishes and putting them in the sink.

"Nothing." Tony said. "Fury told us we have a two week break. I mean, you could probably do training if you want. I'm just going to head back down to the lab. See you at dinner. Maybe."

SnowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara