Chapter 7

𝓘 now sat patiently in the car that Bucky was driving. Sam was clutching onto the arm rests in the passenger seat fiercely with every sharp turn that Bucky made. Steve meanwhile was sitting in the back with Tony, which made up the first group.

I was snuggled under Steve's shirt as he attempted to read his book. He had a faint smile on his face, and he occasionally reached down, stroking the top of my head with two fingers.

The car ride seemed very long, perhaps because the ride was very tense. I wasn't sure why it was so tense, but it was. I seemed to be the only relaxed cat in the car.

Well.. . .

Okay so I was the only cat in the car.

I digress.

We soon pulled into a very familiar looking town and I popped my head even further out of Steve's shirt, batting him occasionally with my paw and mewing at familiar spots I remembered. My favorite was the ice-cream and donut shop. Tommy could get one very large donut with vanilla frosting on it, and I got to lick the remains off his fingers every time.

I wasn't allowed to touch Billy's chocolate fingers for hours. Apparently it wasn't good for me.

I still wanted to taste it.

Maybe I could later.

We pulled up to the cub of a familiar house and I watched as they simply sat there.

"What are you doing?" I mewed up at Steve.

He just petted my head.

"How long are we watching the house for?" Tony asked. It was the first time he had spoken since the trip. Apparently he was upset he wasn't allowed to drive and Bucky was. I wasn't sure why he wanted to drive though. It seemed like a lot of responsibility.

"Why would you watch a house?" I asked Tony.

"A couple of hours." Sam said. "It's a Saturday so he doesn't have work."

I wiggled out of Steve's shirt, leaping down onto the car floor, before leaping up onto the island between the driver and passenger seat. I mewed.

Bucky reached over, stroking me between the ears softly before he started messing with a small device in his hands. I peered over his shoulder, but everything was black and green and very hard to see.

Sam had opened the window and I leaped onto his lap, before leaping out the window.

"BLIZZARD!" Bucky shouted behind me and I could hear the doors of the car slamming open.

Other cars were zooming down the street and I readied myself for a mad dash across the street. Seeing a fairly good opportunity, I dashed across the street, running as fast as my little paws would carry me.

I heard cars honking and heard brake squealing as I made it up onto the sidewalk. A swift glance over my shoulder as I headed up the porch stairs showed me that the other four were following. The second car with Gnat and Clint was just pulling up behind them, Clint shouting out the window at them.

I scratched at the door ferociously and heard pounding feet inside.

Billy opened the door, looking down, and he beamed when he saw me, scooping me up into his arms. "TOMMY! TOMMY! LOOK! SNOW IS BACK!"

I liked Blizzard better honestly. It made me feel chaotic.

I looked up at his face, mewing. He had a large bruise blooming out over his cheek and I felt sad.

"Oh wow." Billy whispered, looking at the people behind me. "You brought the Avengers with you Snow?"

Tommy appeared next, skittering to a stop, but much to my disappointment, Mr. Peters wasn't far behind, eyes glaring angrily as he took in the sight of me in Billy's hands.