Chapter 14

𝓘𝓣 was chaos when we got back to the familiar tower. People were rushing out with a stretcher, wearing bright colours. Pepper was running in heels behind them. They opened the car and I hopped into Bucky's lap so that they could pull him out.

Pepper was shouting orders, though it sounded hysterical. Bucky and Steve got out of the car, hurrying through the side of the building. Bucky kept me pressed close to his chest the entire time, but once we were in the building, he pulled me up closer, pressing loving kisses to my forehead.

"Gosh Blizz, you have no idea how long we've been trying to find you." He murmured in my ear.

"You were?" I mewed quietly. It had felt like years. I could feel the tiredness seeping into my tiny bones already. I needed a nice nap.

Preferably on top of Steve's head.

"Can I hold her?" Steve asked.

Bucky shook his head, holding me tighter, "I need to hold her a little longer."

Steve pouted a little, but gave Bucky what he wished. He looked directly at me, "Bucky cried for hours after they took you. I promised him we'd get you back."

Bucky only held me tighter and I felt large water droplets fall into my fur. I peeked upwards, another teardrop landing on my nose and it trailed down, lost in my fur.

"Sorry Blizz." Bucky said, wiping my fur and pulling me up even closer to his face. "I'll pull myself together, promise."

"You are already together?" I was puzzled, tilting my head a little and batting his nose with my paw.

He looked in one piece anyways. I didn't see any cracks.

The elevator doors finally opened and they strode down the hallway towards the bedroom. Steve opened the door, locking it behind them.

Bucky flopped down on the bed, carefully laying me across his chest. Steve reached over, stroking my fur. They were pressed close together and I got up, carefully laying myself as far as I could across their bodies.

Then I mewed in pain, curling up into a ball. My muscles hurt.

"We should take her down to the lab and get some tests done. See where she is hurt and everything." Steve said with a frown.

"No tests." I mewed, backing up away from Steve, cowering down into the blankets.

"No." Bucky said, picking me up gently in his hands. "Look how terrified she is, even when you mention tests. She knows we won't hurt her and she's still scared. We can't-"

"We need to know the extent of the damage so we can help her heal." Steve interrupted earnestly. "What if something is broken? We have to take X-rays at least so that we can get them to heal properly."

Bucky looked hesitant, stroking me with calm, gentle gestures. He looked down at me. "Not tonight."

"Okay." Steve agreed. "Not tonight."

"Mrs. Stark would like you both to know that Mr. Stark is in recovery now and will make it. He should be awake tomorrow morning." The robot lady I had actually missed said suddenly.

"Thank you F.R.I.D.A.Y." Steve said. "Can you ask Bruce to prepare the X-ray machine for tomorrow. We want to make sure Blizzard is okay both internally and externally."

"Yes Captain Rogers." F.R.I.D.A.Y. said.

"You want to sleep with us tonight Blizz?" Bucky asked in a cooing voice as Steve slipped out of bed, undressing himself into just the short black pants and the rest of him was bare.