Chapter 5

"𝓢𝓗𝓗𝓗, you'll wake both of them up." A voice that I knew was Gnats hissed through the air. One of my ears twitched and I opened one annoyed eye. I saw that Gnat and Steve were standing in the doorway. Steve had his small black box in his hand.

I noticed that I was laying completely on Bucky's chest, curled up into a ball. His metal hand was nice and refreshing on my fur. He was also fast asleep, his face slack and calm. I closed my eyes again, willing the not sleeping people to go and bother other people.

"Wanda, Vision, and Clint got back from their mission today." Steve said softly. "Are you going to go and greet them?"

"I'll talk to Wanda and Vis later. I'd rather avoid Clint right now." Gnat said and she sounded hurt.

"He'll come around." Steve said softly.

"Trying to get rid of me?" Gnat asked, but she was teasing.

"Never." Steve said. "Buck and I are always here for you Gnat. Well, you know, till. . ."

"Don't worry, I remember the terms Stevie." Gnat said softly. "I won't break them."

Gnat was gone soon and Steve went over, placing the black box on the dresser next to the bed. The movement of the bed was enough to make Bucky jolt awake.

"Nice Nap dreamboat?" Steve asked in a sweet voice.

"Never better doll." Bucky grinned and then I watched as they locked lips with each other.

A thousand thoughts raced through my mind, and I stayed silent. Bucky reached up with his hand, cupping Steve's face. I could see his pink tongue entering Steve's mouth.

Very strange. Were they trying to eat each other?

The scene in front of me, sparked something inside of me, something familiar, something nostalgic, like I was older than I really was, but then it was gone. Must've been something from a dream.

"Feed me." I mewed and the two of them broke apart, looking sheepish.

"Sorry Blizzard." Steve said, picking me up. "You must be hungry again."

He brought me down the hallway towards what must be a private kitchen, because it was only the three of us and it was much smaller than the kitchen we had been in before.

He put me up on the kitchen counter, placing a small bowl in front of me and found some delicious milk for me to drink, along with another bowl that had cool water in it. He also but some hamburger in front of me- cold which was great.

"Aw look at the little monster." Bucky cooed as I dug into the meat. "She'd make a vicious killer, wouldn't she Stevie?"

Steve rolled his eyes. "Jerk."

I drank some water and then proceeded to clean myself from head to toe after my meal. Bucky and Steve were sitting at the kitchen table, eating something that didn't smell appetizing at all. Ick.

I decided I would like to join them on the table and sized up the jump between the counter ledge and the table edge. I ran my paws over the kitchen counter, finding it slippery. I would have to take that into account as I jumped. I would not be able to run.

I got as close to the edge of the table as I could, sizing up the jump. I shrunk back on my hunches, readying myself for the jump.

Steve moved his elbow out of the way and I sprung.

"I'M FLYING!" I mewed, my paws out to my side.

Bucky looked up and spit his milk out- which was disgusting by the way- which made Steve turn and his eyes widened.