Chapter 13

"𝓨𝓞𝓤 do not understand, my cat is in there." Bucky snapped at the lady at the front desk.

"Our." Tony said, crossing his arms.

The lady didn't even bat an eyelash, "And as I've repeatedly told you several times, there is no cat undergoing experiment here at SHIELD. Director Fury would have alerted me to at least your presence if there was."

Bucky loudly cursed Fury out.

Steve put a hand on Bucky's shoulder, mentally cursing Fury out with Christian language. He was pissed that Fury had taken Blizzard away from them. How did he think he had the right to do that?

"Then let us talk to Director Fury." Tony said promptly. "I've got a few choice words I need to say to him anyways."

"Director Fury isn't here right now." The lady continued calmly. "Nor has he been here for the past two weeks. I assure you, there is no cat here and if there ever is, you'll be the first to know, now have a nice day."

Steve steered Bucky away from the desk. Tony glared at the woman for an extra second before turning sharply on his heel, following after the two super soldiers.

"She's lying." Bucky spat vehemently. "Natasha was literally here at headquarters last week with Fury."

"I know. She knows. She knows that we know." Steve sighed, running a hand through his hair. "The problem is actually finding Blizzard. Tony, I don't suppose you could figure out where they're keeping Blizzard?"

"It's been days!" Bucky spat before Tony could answer. "Who knows what they're doing to her! Didn't you hear her when he shoved her in that carrier? She was terrified and scared and in pain! God only knows what she was thinking when Fury took her away. She must hate us! I should've ripped that carrier out of Fury's grasp and punched him in his good eye!"

"The tests had to be run one way or another." Tony said fretfully. "But Bruce and I would have taken extra care with her. God I hope they aren't hurting her."

"What about F.R.I.D.A.Y?" Steve asked again, hoping that Tony hadn't completely lost his head over you and that he would start figuring out where you were being kept.

"Huh? What about F.R.I.D.A.Y.?" Tony asked, snapping out of his daze. All he could imagine was you tied down helplessly to a sterile hospital bed, having several needles stabbed into you not so gently and being tortured.

"Could she possibly find where the labs are in this building and maybe we can go in and find Blizzard ourselves?" Steve asked.

"Right away." Tony said, lifting the sleeve of his shirt above his elbow so that he could start playing with the watch on his wrist. He pushed a comm into his ear and said, "Follow me."

He led the other two down the SHIELD headquarters front before turning down the alleyway- which really wasn't much of an alleyway- and then came across a set of stairs. The handrail painted SHIELD blue to match the outside of the building.

"Don't." Tony said sharply as Bucky made to walk down the stairs. "Let me disable the cameras first. . . there we go."

Tony headed down the stairs first, closely followed by the two super soldiers. Once they reached the door, he waited another moment, before there was a whirring sound inside and he opened up the door.

"Okay, animal experimentation is this way." Tony muttered.

"Animal experimentation?" Bucky asked in disgust. "That's like something HYDRA would do."

"It was something that HYDRA would do." Steve answered. "This wasn't Fury's idea for a branch. It was Alexander Pierce's idea."

"Then would Fury even keep Blizzard down here?" Bucky asked as they walked past several empty cells.