34

Ophelia's pov

"Nothing ever pleases you, does it?" Arden rests his hand on the wall behind me, his presence uncomfortably close.

We are in my dorm room since yesterday. He stayed for the night, because of something unexpected that happened when I came to my dorm yesterday.

I'm not really sure what is happening between us at the moment, but I hope it won't run out of hand.

"Nothing" I smirk, struggling to maintain my composure under his intense proximity.

One of his strong hands is placed on my hip.

"If you would kindly take your hands away from me, maybe I would think about your offer" I refuse to break eye contact.

"So now you're asking for this. I clearly remember you begging me to touch you yesterday" a faint smirk appears on the corner of his lips.

He caught me.

"Come on, sweetheart. It's been ages since you set foot on the ice. Just come and play with me" he raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not ready for this" I respond.

I'm definitely not prepared. I yearn to be the skilled skater I once was, but what if it's not the same anymore?

Moreover, the fact that Arden is the one asking me this is utterly unexpected.

Memories of our fights in the past, when we were on the brink of destroying each other, still linger. I remember him cruelly criticizing my skating abilities.

Does it even make sense that I'm unsure which version of him is speaking the truth? Even after all this time.

"I'm not asking you to fully go back. I just want you to give it a try" Arden takes a deep breath before continuing.

"A few days ago, I ran into your coach. She requested that I talk to you. She wants you back"

"Did she really say that?" I can't believe that my coach would speak to him.

"Yes, she mentioned that her new team isn't adequately prepared for the upcoming competition season, and she misses having exceptional talent by her side" he says, still pinning me against the wall as before.

"What about Milani? She's a rising star" I inquire.

"I'm uncertain about her, but the coach seemed more stressed than I've ever seen her before" he sighs.

I was aware that my coach desired my return. I had already turned down her previous offer.

But should I accept this opportunity for a comeback?

"Maybe you should consider talking to her" Arden suggests gently.

I ponder his words for a moment, weighing the possibilities in my mind.

Going back to skating, even if it's just to give it a try, feels both exhilarating and daunting.

The passion still lingers within me, but the fear of disappointment holds me back.

"I don't know, Arden," I reply with a hint of uncertainty in my voice.

"It's been a while since I've stepped on the ice. What if I'm not as good as I used to be?"

Arden looks at me intently, his eyes filled with a mix of understanding and encouragement.

"You won't know unless you try, right? Maybe it won't be exactly the same, but that doesn't mean it can't be great in its own way"