8

Arden's POV

"Come on man, we should go to that party! After all, it's happening at the next dorm" Dareen begged me to go with him to some stupid party next door.

"I have better plan's for tonight" I crushed on the couch in the living room of our dorm. Me and Dareen were not only teammates, best friends, but also roommates too. This is funny, right?

"Like what? Watching netflix like every other night?" he crossed his arms and stood up in front of me.

"Are you really want to go there?" I asked. I feel so exhausted after today's hockey match that I don't know if I can find any energy to party.

"Yes, man. Now get your ass up from that couch" Dareen grabbed my arm and lifted me to stand up on my feet.

"Alright, just let me take a quick shower" I probably smell like shit right now, so I better clean up myself before leaving home.

"You better don't take a long time for that or else-" I couldn't hear what he was saying after that because I was already in the bathroom, preparing for a shower.

***

Me and my best friend were finally at the dorm next door. It was like two minutes away from our dorm, so we were quick to go here.

The music was loud as hell. It didn't help me to feel any better. I just wanted to have a drink.

"Hey, Arden!" a high-pitched voice greeted me at the time I entered the building. It was Jade Tudor.

"Hi, Jade" I said and looked at my best friend, who was leaving me alone with this girl. He just gave me a smirk and left.

"Can I have a drink with you?" Jade took my hand and lead me toward something.

"Yes" I answered her question.

"Here it's" she took the first drink she found here on the table and gave it to me. I finished it up in one second.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about us, Arden" Jade stepped closer to me.

"What's that about?"

"You know...some time ago, you promised to take me on a date, but it never happened. I want to know when you are going to do that" she twirled her blond hair on her finger looking directly at me.

"I should be honest with you. I never planned to take you on a date, Jade" I should explain myself to her before she has bigger hopes.

"You were the one who misunderstand my words. I was just friendly with you. That's it. I don't see you as a girl I would like to date" I took a second drink from a table.

"What? Are you kidding me?" Jade's face was full of confusion. I guess, it's hard for her to believe my words.

"I'm serious" I said.

"Why would you do that? I thought that we were more than friends and-" the blonde girl was saying things to me, but I was not interested in hearing them. My eyes were stuck on the other object.

It was Astor. I noticed her running down the hallway somewhere. She was in a rush. For what?

"Arden? Do you even listen to me? Hey! Where are you going?" Jade was screaming at me louder than the music, but I ignored her and went on my way.

I don't have time for her stupid irrelevant conversation with me.

"Dareen" I met my friend on my way.

"Yes, bro" Dareen was having drinks with his girlfriend Liliya, or who knows her name. I don't really remember.

"Did you see Astor?" I asked. I believe that I saw her just a moment ago, but then my eyes lost her.