9

Ophelia's POV

"Take this shot! Take this shot!" everyone was chanting for Arden to take a shot. At least, hockey boys were really into it.

"Come on, Arden!" Dareen pushed his friend's hand, this way forcing him to finally drink. Arden finished his shot.

"Who's next?" someone asked.

Remember when I said I was about to leave this party after hearing that Arden was searching for me? Yeah, I tried, but I failed.

Someone dragged me into a circle of drunk people to play a game with them. That someone was nothing else, but Liliya.

This ginger girl was tipsy for some time. It made it hard for me to talk to her seriously, so I gave up.

Now I'm sitting on a couch, watching others drinking and trying my best not to get drunk.

"I think it's time to have a shot for Opi!" Liliya yelled louder than the music was playing. She's insane.

"What? No. I'm not drinking" I said, shaking my head.

"You have to. These are the rules" a deep voice right in front of me told me what to do.

I raised my eyes just to see Arden staring at me. He was not even blinking. Just sitting there on the other couch in front of me and looking at me without a break.

"Here" some guy gave me a glass of alcohol to me.

I didn't want to do what Arden said, but there was no other choice since everyone was staring at me right now.

I quickly swallowed the bitter alcohol in my mouth. I think it's not going to be my last shot tonight.

I looked at my phone. It's 11 pm. It's not that I'm forced to come back home on time, but I feel kind of bad for staying here late.

"Can I have another drink?" something changed in Arden's face. He looked like something was bothering him.

"Sure" a guy from his hockey team poured a drink for him. I think it's the first time I see this guy. He kind of looks like Arden, but with a much brighter personality and aura.

"It's Ren Lewis. A great player" Liliya probably noticed me staring at that guy, because why would she whisper this into my ear?

"A great player? In what way?" I was confused. Staring at Ren, I met Arden's gaze again. He was eating me with his eyes without a break. It gave me shivers. I tried my best not to look at him back.

"Give me a whole bottle" Arden grabbed the bottle from his teammate and gulped the whole alcohol from that bottle down his throat. Doing this he stared straight at me. What the fuck? What did I do again? Is there something on my face?

"Lili" I turned to my friend.

"Hm?" her green eyes tiredly looked at me.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked her.

"What? No?" Lili gave me a confused look.

"Then why he's-"

"What's with that attitude man? You told me you won't drink today and now look at yourself" Dareen laughed at his best friend. Arden gave him a mad look.

"Ain't you Ophelia Astor?" Ren asked me.

"Oh, yes. I am" I stupidly laughed after saying that.

"Nice to meet you" this guy just winked at me. Is that what Lili meant by saying he's a great player?

I was about to say something back when Arden suddenly rushed to me with a new bottle of alcohol.

"What the fuck?" it didn't make any sense for him to run to me now and sit beside me on the couch. Didn't I make him sick every time he saw me? I'm fucking scared.