"Why are you here, Aikara?" asked the assistant director, his tone tinged with curiosity.

With a bright smile like the sun, I hopped over to him and replied, "Hey there! I've come to uplift Kana-chan's spirits. Would you mind giving us some alone time? We need to talk!" I swayed gently from side to side, my excitement resonating in every word.

The adults exchanged glances for a moment before nodding, getting up, and walking away.

Now that I was alone with Kana, I walked up to her and settled down beside her.

"Don't worry, Kana-chan. I can see that you're feeling a little sad because you think Aqua did better than you. But hey, guess what? This is just one performance out of many more to come in your life. So, don't fret too much. Just keep practicing and giving it your all. You're actually much stronger than you realize." I said with a gentle smile, placing my hand on Kana-chan's shoulder in a reassuring manner.

It seems like it didn't work as Kana glared at me "You! What's with the pathetic attempt to cheer me up? As if you could ever understand how I feel." Kana crossed her arms tightly, a pout forming on her face. She tried to hide the tears welling up in her eyes, but a few managed to escape, silently tracing down her cheeks.

She sniffled softly, refusing to make eye contact with me. Her brows furrowed, displaying her frustration and disappointment. With a slight tremble in her voice, she continued, "You think you can solve everything with your silly words and gestures? Well, newsflash, it won't work on me!"

Her hands clenched into fists, her tiny fingers trembling with unresolved emotions. She avoided my gaze, intentionally turning away from my well-meaning gestures. Despite her attempts to come across as tough, her vulnerability peeked through in the form of glistening tears and a quivering lower lip.

Kana let out a sigh, struggling to maintain her composure. "Just leave me alone. I don't need your sympathy. I'll deal with this on my own." Her words dripped with a mixture of sadness and defiance, revealing a hint of her sharp tongue beneath the façade of her wounded pride. 

Instead of retreating, I decided to continue sitting beside her, maintaining a respectful distance. I wanted to convey that I respected her boundaries while also letting her know that I wasn't giving up on her. Silently, I waited, giving her the time and space she needed to collect herself.

Minutes passed, but I remained patient, resisting the urge to break the silence. I could see Kana stealing glances at me, her curiosity mixing with a tinge of uncertainty. She seemed torn between her desire to be left alone and her underlying need for support.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Kana's tense shoulders began to relax ever so slightly. Her gaze shifted from the ground to meet my eyes, a flicker of vulnerability shining through. In that moment, it became clear to me that she didn't want to face her challenges alone but was struggling to let her guard down.

"I know my words might not mean much to you right now, Kana," I began softly, my voice conveying sincerity. "But I want you to know that I'm not here to pity you or pretend like I understand everything you're going through. I'm here because I care about you, and I want to support you in any way I can."

I paused, giving her a chance to respond, but she remained silent, her expression caught between skepticism and a glimmer of hope.

"Whether you're ready to talk or not, I'll be right here beside you," I continued, my tone unwavering. "I'll wait for you, Kana-chan. Whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen without judgment and offer a shoulder to lean on."

As my words echoed in the air, I could see the battle within Kana's eyes slowly subsiding. The tension in her body eased, and her defensive walls began to crumble, making way for a sliver of trust. It was a small victory, but an important one.