eugene: 2

That day, you didn't get sick, luckily. You had both taken the bus, with him getting of two stops earlier to go to his own house. After you got home, you took a shower and chilled for the rest of the day - your body deserved a break, too.

After that, you made a schedule for you and Eugene's training, and maintained it ever since - it already been around two weeks since you bad started and the once scrawny boy without much stamina improved greatly, being able to last almost as long as you. His moved also got better, sharper, more detailed.

Nevertheless, he was doing great.

He also looked great.

As if taekwondo made him look even better, especially in that uniform of his, especially when he was kicking his feet around with that determined look on his face.

But he also looked good afterwards, with beads of sweat dotting his face and making his hair appear wet, when he got out of the changing rooms with his hair still wet from the shower and when he smiled at you who were waiting for him there to walk home together (since you lived close, only two bus stops away).

And he looked good when you two were just simply hanging out, outside or at one of your houses, with his hoodies on and baggy trousers, with his blonde hair sticking in every direction and a lousy smile on his lips.

You were aware of the fact how good he looked more and more each day you saw him, as if he always managed to get even more handsome during the night. You were also aware of the fact how much you blushed around him.

You were sure he noticed and were so embarrassed because of that.

You were pretty sure you liked him. More than just as a friend.

But you two had become one of the bestest friends, even your other best friends liked him when you first introduced him to all the boys. You soon found yourself spending more time with this new boy you had met just days ago than with your best friends of years and they never stopped teasing you for your red cheeks every time you were together without Eugene.

You always brushed it off, claiming you did not like him that way, but let's be honest - they all, including you, knew you were lying.

Still, you did not want to destroy the precious friendship you two shared.

Because you were a hundred per cent sure he did not reciprocate the feelings you had for him. And, honestly, you accepted the fate already, just having to suppress the feelings until they disappear without Eugene ever finding out.

And you were alright with doing that, so long as it meant you got to stay friends with him.

If you could just be around him and hang out together, you were content. You weren't sure what you'd do had you lost him - thus, you'll never speak of your feelings for him.

And why were you so sure he did not like you back? Well, the answer is simple.

You resembled more a boy than a girl. You were pretty sure Eugene would never like a tomboy, he seemed like the type to like more the small, gentle and soft girly girls.

Or... what if you tried to become like them? Maybe that way, you could get Eugene to look at you differently.

*

You had been staring at your bare face in the mirror for quite some time now, examining every mark acne had left on your skin, every pore and every bump.

You weren't necessarily ugly, no - but you guessed you would look much better if you tried putting on a little make up, at least, covering and hiding all the insecurities and marks on your skin.