zion :1

warning! contains mentions of sex and the use of alcohol and drugs
(may not be suitable for certain audiences)
___

Voice all around you, getting into your head, suffocating you. Loud music thumping in your ears made your head ache, and the voice got, despite the music, even louder and louder, entering your head in screams and yells.

You hated noise.

Your head felt as if it was filling up with all that noise floating around you, filling it up until it's too full, until it explodes. You wanted to let out a scream, to let loose some of the tension inside. You wanted to cover your ears with your hands, but your hands were in the clasp of the person sitting next to you, and something told you he wasn't about to let you go so easily.

"Just play with us, Y/n," he egged you on. Normally, you'd bi in for a round of truth and dare anytime, but it was just too overwhelming for you in that moment. Barely hearing his words because of all the other people chattering loudly in the room, you shrugged.

" 'm feeling kinda funny today. I'll pass," you had to raise your voice for him to hear you.

He finally let go of your hands, "okay, I get it. But next time, you won't be able to get out of this so easily," he joked. You plastered a smile on your face and, standing up, you quickly walked to the back of the house, finding your way to the small porch and garden behind it.

Stepping outside, it felt as if you stepped into another dimension, all the voice coming from inside got muffled and silenced, not being able to break through the walls. Letting out a breath, the noice slowly left your head, leaving it empty. Filling your lungs with the chilly night air, you sat down onto the porch. It was a little cold since you were wearing only a see-through t-shirt and a skirt, but you didn't mind. Coldness was better than loudness.

This sometimes happened to you, the intense urge to get somewhere quiet, to calm your mind, to stop listening. Sometimes, the surrounding world just got a little too much for you.

The back door opened, bringing a wave of noise along, but it shut closed almost as fast as it got opened. "Care for a drink?" You didn't have to turn back to know who it was, everyone would recognize his voice anywhere. He was one of the - if not the most - popular people in the school. Being a year younger than you, he already managed to sleep with half of the school.

You couldn't blame the girls, though. There was no denying that his smile was intoxicating, that his hooded eyes were simply just too easy to fall into. But you didn't want any business with him. There was enough things happening in your life as it was and you needn't bring in any more. He only meant trouble, you knew that well.

Red spiky hair came into view as he sat down next to you. A smirk played on his lips when be handed you the plastic cup. You took it from him - a little alcohol could never do you much bad. Besides, feeling stressed as you were, you did want to loosen up a bit. Your node scrunched up as you downed the cup. The drink wasn't anything spectacular, in fact, you didn't like it at all, but it contained alcohol. If you drank just the right amount, you'd be able to feel good.

Giving him back the empty plastic cup, he chuckled, "wow, careful, tiger." The nickname made you cringe, but you knew better than to comment on it. He wasn't worth your energy.

"So, why aren't you enjoying yourself inside?"  This man just couldn't make out when his presence was unwelcome, could he?

You didn't give him a reply, but he didn't seem to mind, "yeah, sometimes, I need to get out for a little breather, too."

Still refusing to talk to him, you decided you had enough of silence, especially now when it got invaded by an obnoxious being such as him. Walking back inside, you looked for some more drinks to improve your mood.