ethan :2

The nights weren't the least bit awkward nor weird, much to your relief. You were too busy yawning rather than to ponder about the fact you're sleeping so close to him and as soon as your head hit the small pillow and you zipped yourself in the sleeping bag, you fell asleep, not giving the slightest care as to who's by your side.

The days with him went by nice and you had a lot of fun together. You'd hike and move to a different campsite each day, admiring the nature around, basking in the sun and talking.

He'd talk to you about his baseball carrier, you'd tell him about the sport you used to play as a child but stopped because of an injury.

And, most importantly, you'd talk about your mutual friends behind their backs. Spilling all their embarrassing moments and petty secrets, you were laughing so hard your belly hurt.

To say to least, you'll definitely remember this trip.

You'll also never forget this one night, when it got chillier than usual. It got so cold you huddled yourself in your sleeping bag after setting up the tent, in your hoodie and an additional blanket you had packed with you as well wrapped tightly around your body.

But you still couldn't keep yourself from shivering, the cold managing to seep its way through the tent inside and finding ways to get underneath your clothes and into your skin.

Why did it have go get so cold tonight?

You didn't want to go to sleep like this - you knew that if you won't warm yourself up, you'll get sick.

Hiking while being sick wasn't the best idea and you sure as hell weren't about to ruin the last three days by getting ill.

You rubbed your arms to try warming them up.

Ethan still didn't seem affected by the cold the slightest bit, casually lying down in his sleeping bag half zipped up to his body, one arm under his head.

Seriously, just what is this man made of?

He noticed your state, though, and quirked an eyebrow at you. "Cold?"

You narrowed your eyes at him. It was obvious you were cold, did he have to point it out in such a mocking manner?

And you had thought he was shy. You wanted to laugh at your stupidity.

Reluctantly, you nodded since there was no use denying. He could clearly see it, anyway.

His next actions left you utterly speechless.

He swiftly moved from his side of the tent to yours. His huge arms were suddenly wrapped around your body and his chest pressed to your back as he embraced you from behind.

He leaned his head against your shoulder.

You held your breath. You were afraid that if you breathe now, it'd be so deeply as to calm your racing heart that your whole body would shudder with it and Ethan would notice the nervous state you were in because of him.

I hope he cannot hear how fast my heart beats.

But surely soon enough, his actions resulted in the wished effect, the warmth of his body slowly seeping into you. You stopped shivering, but even then he didn't pull away.

He continued to hold you - because you have somehow unconsciously leaned in to him, the weight of your body against his chest -, he held you long after you had stopped shivering and long after you began to warm up.

"I- I'm okay now," you found the courage to speak up, wanting him to return back to his respective place on the other side of the tent, but you couldn't keep your voice from stuttering. "You can, uh, stop now." Yet, you kinda wished he wouldn't stop.