all fellows - ethan ending

That day, you managed to find a better place big enough for you all fairly quickly. It was an old abandoned house at the edge of the city, not very far from where the boys used to live before. The street where the house was located was wide and long, with smaller or bigger houses all across its whole length, with big yards and porches.

After you had settled it, it was still only about noon and so you decided to go back to retrieve your belongings. You, with Ethan and Harry, went to your old flat to get your stuff while Lawrence with Zion went to their old apartment. Eugene stayed inside the house, tasked with guarding it (none of you really feared something's going to happen and he was persistent on staying here to keep an eye on the house, so you all just let him be).

Since your flat was a little bit farther away, the three of you arrived back at the house later than Lawrence and Zion, who already hid their things into the cabinets or underneath the beds (or at least the remains of it because it only had three legs and the mattress was eaten through by some mice).

You made sure that no rodents were here, though, when you came in and carefully examined every single centimeter in the house. It must've been a longer time since those mice were here.

The house was completely abandoned, even of any little animals. And so was the whole street, when you looked through the other houses a day later.

And you also didn't have that much food. Now, you had to have enough for six people, and most of the things the boys had back there were eaten by the zombies, those they didn't manage to hide, at least.

There wasn't that many useful things in the other houses. Most things that would normally be really great and convenient for you were all shattered, torn, destroyed and laying tossed on the floor in a big pile of mess and dirt.

But you did find a blanket, bowls and cutlery, some t-shirts and two pairs of pants that didn't have more than three holes in them. But no food nor water.

You divided into two groups and each day took turns as to who'll go outside that day to try find something to eat or drink. Sometimes, you came back with a couple things, often times, your arms were empty.

Even though you were barely living, your food intake decreased significantly and drank rain water, the relationship between you and the boys improved greatly. Maybe it was because you had saved them, or because now you were sharing their duties with them and helping them, but you were able to make a conversation even with Eugene, whose better part of vocabulary consisted of complaints, nagging and sarcastic responses. But you found his company enjoyable nonetheless and when he was in the mood, you could talk with him about a lot of things, including how he sometimes wanted to run away, or the things you'd all be doing if this all didn't happen.

The things you'd all be doing, thinking about this made you remember all your lost dreams and deeply buried desires, things that you longed to do in the future and probably won't ever get to experience them anymore. All your dreamed of summer trips, vacations, travelling, university and job. Nothing of that was performable anymore.

Still, you found it pleasant to talk with him. Even if your conversations sometimes left you feeling a little sorrowful about all the things you had lost, it also made you want to survive all of this more and more. Just to show the world that you can do this, and that you can fulfill all your dreams afterwards.

If there ever will be an end to this.

That was a question on the minds of all of you, but no one dared talk about it. It was way too scary to think that this apocalypse will go on forever, but truthfully, with things being what they were, you couldn't imagine how there could be an ending placed to all of this.