eugene - the soundtrack of your lives

You and Eugene were an inseparable duo, right from the start.

"No, mommy, I don't want to!" a higher pitched voice shouted noisily, grasping onto his mother's hand for dear life. It was a small boy, presumably in kindergarten for the first time in his whole life.

You were playing with some wooden blocks, building a city, but upon hearing the ruckus, you stood up. Your legs led you to the sobbing boy and you took one of his arms.

He looked at you in surprise and loosened his grip on his mom, turning to look at you instead.

You smiled, "come play with me!" And you pulled him along by his hand to where you had been previously playing by yourself.

You learned his name was Eugene, and ever since that day, he never once complained about going to kindergarten.

You two would always play together, building forts, pretending to be a princess and a prince, racing, playing tag, hide'n'seek, the game wasn't all that important anyway. You two had a blast playing together.

When you saw him enter the class as a fresh first grader, you got so excited. Seeing as you both only knew each other from all the other kids, all the other fresh first graders in school, you naturally sat together.

You were always learning together. When you learned how to read and write, you'd make stories for each other and read them aloud. On maths, you counted together. On pe, you tossed the ball to each other.

The time you spent together did not decrease by any means - in fact, you were together even more, despite getting to know much more people, getting to know all your classmates.

Second grade, Eugene suddenly didn't sit with you anymore. Later that day, when you asked him about it, he said he likes this girl and that he will sit with her from now on.

He did sit with her for half a year. When he confessed his feelings to her (that he thinks she's pretty), she gave him a big fat kiss on the cheek and held his hand, giggling madly.

He continued sitting with her for the rest of second grade.

Third grade, the girl was gone. She had moved away over the summer, transfered schools. Eugene sat with you again, but you ignored him.

He didn't miss you the whole second grade, why should you act all nice and happy with him?

The bickering between you two was petty, really, but at the time, it felt so important.

Fourth grade, you were the bestest of friends again. You sat together, ate lunch together, swung on the swings together during the sunny days and made snowmen during the winter ones, full of ice and snow.

Fourth grade passed by in a blink, full of joy and carelessness of young kids who still see the world with glimmering eyes full of hopes, but they all matured a bit over the summer between fourth grade and the first year of middle school. Grew up, got their own opinions, started caring much more about what the others think.

Maybe that's why Eugene didn't really talk to you all that much as before when you two got into the same middle school. He didn't want the others to think he's some kind of a sucker for you or something.

You were okay with that, you had your own good friends as well.

Next year, not much had really changed until you two got partnered up for a project.

It restored the friendly, close, intimate even relationship you two had shared before, and continued to last until the end of middle school.

Continued to last, but of course with many arguments, misunderstandings, moments when you had thought your friendship was over.

Dangerous Fellows (Imagines)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें