lawrence :1

"Y/n, can you please show him around?" Your elementary teacher motioned at the boy standing by her side.

Your younger self replied, smiling, "of course! Let's go!" Grabbing the boy's hand, you didn't even give the teacher a chance to say anything more as you were already pulling him down the hallway.

The new boy followed after you wordlessly as you showed him every corner of your school and talked through the whole tour.

The boy didn't seem in no way as enthusiastic as you and when you tried offering to introduce him to your other classmates or invite him to play at the playground after school, he shook his head and rearranged his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

His behaviour quickly told you he had no means to be friends with you and you took the cue, rather spending time with your classmates and actual friends.

His behaviour was odd and distant towards the others as well, and so he was always left alone, left behind by the whole class.

He never tried to get to know you so why should you make the effort if he clearly didn't want it?

He sat at the front, in front of the teacher. He was pretty smart, but his coldness put everyone off.

You never bothered to talk to him after giving him that tour that day. You never bothered to try again.

To be honest, you didn't quite remember his name anyway.

When you tried remembering, he was always only a blurry image in your head, a memory on the verge of being forgotten for good.

You always thought he was a little snobbish, refusing to talk to you because he felt as if he was better than you wild kids always just running around.

You sighed as you stirred the straw in your drink.

It was currently a Saturday night and you in a bar with your friend, but she left to go to the bathroom and so you were waiting for her to come back at one of the tables.

You didn't know why your mind decided to take you to the direction of your elementary school, why did you suddenly remember your class there.

What's taking her so long?

Your friend sure was taking her sweet time in the bathroom and you were getting pretty bored. Remembering your old elementary class wasn't really a fun and enjoyable activity you had anticipated doing prior to going out to the bar.

Leaning your head on your hand, you stared into the crowd of people dancing nearby. The music was blasting pretty loudly, but you didn't mind, and your eyes trailed over the dancing figures, watching their moves and examining their faces to see if you can spot someone interesting.

Most people already had a dancing partner, though, dancing closely to each other and exchanging wet and sloppy kisses in between the movements.

You put the straw in your mouth and took a sip of your drink, the iced liquid cooling down your sweaty skin - it was beginning to get hot there with so many people around.

Frowning, your gaze wandered to the door leading to the bathrooms.

Seriously, where is she?

Maybe you should go and check up on her. But what could have happened? You two didn't drink so much yet, she couldn't have gotten sick from the alcohol. Knowing her, she must be only reapplying her makeup.

Your purse, along with your friend's, was lying on top of the table, next to your hand grasping the drink. You took one last sip, the glass was almost empty, and reached for the purses.